RuralDolar needs reviewing, any takers?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
mon269

RuralDolar needs reviewing, any takers?

Post by mon269 »

Hi,

Finally, I think my site is as complete as it will ever be. I will be changing things forever :? , but I think it is now ready to be reviewed.

Following Paolo’s guidelines, this is what I think you would need to know for your reviews to be as thorough as possible:

1.- SEO: The site gets found by search queries on the most useless keywords, 90% of them is Spanish. Things like “restaurantes en Granada� or “prices of Sangria in euros� does not help me in any way. :shock:

2.- Target market: anyone with enough money, at the moment :wink: . Because this is our first year, I would also like your opinions on what market I should aim for. Currently, we seem to attract mostly groups of students and I guess the reason is the price. Apart from that, we’ve also had families with kids.

3.- We have not decided what our unique selling point might be. There are a number of things that are quite unique but I guess the best thing is to stick to one, but which one will bring the most guests? There are 3 natural parks nearby for guests looking for a walking, cycling, or adventure sports holidays. The location is very good, 45 minutes drive from both Granada and Almeria and both airports have direct flights from UK with low cost airlines. Being so close to Sierra Nevada, even in July and August the evening temperatures are mild.

Thanks to all of you in advance because if the previous reviews are anything to go by, I will get plenty of good and constructive opinions and advice.

You can find the link on my signature.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Hi Mon

I very rarely comment on website reviews (only because I'm not technically minded)..but I found your website very clearly presented.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Hi Mon,

I'm really grateful for all your input to my review, so I deffo owe you one - just noticed your request now (11.30 pm) so I think your website merits a fresh look...probably on Wednesday, because I'll be out all today tomorrow. I shall be passing this way again!

Rab

Hey, Mon, I've just realised that when I click on your website addresses (3), I get three different sites? The comments I made below refer to the site that pops up in Spanish first (top ruraldolar?) .... I checked out the Andalusian home one this morning and it is quite different...(Mon, you're doing my head in!! :wink: :wink: )
Last edited by Rocket Rab on Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Hi, I had a quick look and very pleasing and easy to use, I have spotted a couple of typos though. Under "The House" comfortable and confort instead of comfort. single too. (Sorry, I'm not being picky, just spotted them!)

Sound lovely, I'd love to visit sometime. I'm sure jet2.com have flights to Murcia from Newcastle so one of these days!!
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Hi Mon,

See, I just can't resist making one remark before I hop it..yep, agree with Sue, there are a couple of typos in the English text: I don't want to be nitpicky either, but you're aiming for perfection, right? :wink: :D (like me on navigation bars...!)

What is all this about 'a peculiar flat extension'?? Sounds really intriguing!!

The surrounding area comprises a combination of protected mountain forests and farmland on one side and a very peculiar flat extension on the other. Er, beg your pardon? :lol: (Sorry to laugh, can't help it!)

Could you perhaps say something like:

The surrounding area.....farmland on one side and a unique(ly beautiful) high plateau on the other (altiplanicie muy peculiar por la otra) ? Just an initial suggestion...(and maybe it's completely wrong :? )

or even: and the unique setting of a high plateau on the other...

Home of the highest pics in the Iberian peninsula should of course be peaks, BTW
Last edited by Rocket Rab on Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

:oops:
Under "The House" comfortable and confort instead of comfort. single too.
Sorry Mon....I totally overlooked the 'confortable' & 'confort' as it's the Spanish spelling of 'comfortable/comfort'..but should have picked them out and the typo in "sigle bedroom", which should be 'single' :oops:

(You're not being 'nit picky' Sue...just a very good proof reader! :D )...unlike me...I read too fast without looking at the words (if that makes any sense!)..which is why I don't often comment on website reviews. :roll:
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Hi Juan, here goes
Mind you head as you go through the small door into the triple bedroom. A whole new and unexpected world opens before your eyes with irregular walls and red painted floors, small archways and level variations. Kids love the fantasy book look of this cave like bedroom.
It should read 'mind your head'....I was totally confused about the bedrooms until I clicked on to your Owners direct site and it became clear. This is because on the site I could only see pictures of two double bedrooms and what looked like a single bedroom and yet your details said single bedroom with double bed. My immediate thought as a guest would be 'that's not a double bed, is he trying to decieve me ?' or possibly 'oh, he said triple bedroom when he means third bedroom, so it only sleeps 5'. Have a look at your wording on the OD advert and hopefully you will see what I mean.

Hope I haven't confused you, maybe it is clear on the website somewhere but at the end of the day if I was confused then others will definitely be.

Yes, there are lots of confort and confortable, should be comfort and comfortable

:lol:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
mon269

Post by mon269 »

Well, I guess it shows that I’m not all that “confortable� writing in English :o . You must be reading the text very carefully to spot things like “sigle� or “mind you head�. I could have read it a thousand times and would not have spotted it. :oops:

RR, I guess you’ve worked it out by now, but just in case, the site under review is http://www.ruraldolar.com. Do I sense some revenge here, copying things I said on your review :?: :) Naughty Rab! Too right I’m aiming for perfection and I’ll settle for nothing less. I didn’t let you get by with an average navigation bar, it had to be perfect! Same here.

Sue, Murcia is at least a 2 hour drive from Dolar, do you think this is a reasonable distance? I was under the impression that holidaymakers would not drive that long to get to their destination. This is why I only mention Granada and Almeria airports (45m drive). Would you say it’s worth mentioning Murcia, too?

Partridge, would that explain why I’ve had to explain the bedroom arrangements over the phone many times to potential guests? :lol: Will fix.

Lots to work on already, please keep them coming.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Hi Juan

Pictures explain a thousand words :lol: If you add the other bedroom in the pictures and include maybe captions to the photos that should go a long way to explain the sleeping arrangements.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Hi, re the 2 hour drive. Personally I would drive it. Jet2 is a very cheap airline so overall it would be worth it for me. I was serious about really liking your place and the area so I might test drive the Murcia airport route sometime. (Hols settled for this year though!)

I guess it depends on where the guest is travelling from. I might have to drive to Manchester or Edinburgh at this end to pick up a flight to Granada/Almeria or even London. I haven't actually checked that out but I suppose I'm trying to say that it might be you have a short journey at this end (me) and longer at the other or longer trip here and nearer airport....

Oh, quit while you are ahead Sue... :oops:
mon269

Post by mon269 »

I see what you’re saying Sue, it’s about giving options and not restricting yourself, right? :wink: In that case, I should also mention Malaga airport, also 2 hours drive, and check where they fly from. It looks like I am going to need a whole new page just for travel arrangements. Do you think this is a good idea?

By the way Sue, did you know your cottage was the first property I saw when I first landed on LMH? It made me think twice about joining the gang as I think our house is nowhere near as nice as yours. :oops:
Partridge wrote: Pictures explain a thousand words. If you add the other bedroom in the pictures and include maybe captions to the photos that should go a long way to explain the sleeping arrangements.
Couldn’t agree more. However, words will have to do for the time being as I don’t have a picture of that room that I feel is good enough to show. :cry:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

I should also mention Malaga airport, also 2 hours drive....and check where they fly from
Juan, I think you should mention Malaga as an alternative airport too, because we drive from Malaga to Granada and the drive is such a straight forward route via motorway. This will also give your property much more exposure to tourists.

(PS..you can check our website as we have a page dedicated to airlines that fly from the UK to Malaga).
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

:oops: Aw thanks Mon, yours is gorgeous! We should arrange a house swap! :lol:

(sorry, we'll quit the mutual admiration now guys!)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Mon, I would certainly have mentioned Malaga airport. Until recently it was the only airport we could have flown too, although I think we now have a flight to Almeria.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Hey Mon,

Look, your website is working a treat (Rental newbie thread)
We also like http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S6571.htm
on which the photos of the area make the accomodation appealing.
Rab