My first scam?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Angel

My first scam?

Post by Angel »

Hi, just received this:
How are you today?My name is Pastor williams from London,I want to book reservation for 6 delegates from london coming for missionary work from the 1st to 30thday of june 2007 so i want to know if there are availability at these requested dates

I await your response.
First, my apartment has two bedrooms and sleeps up to 4.

Second, he gives a full name, organisation, address, phone number and email address (yahoo.com, of course)

Now... first, the address actually exists and I've traced it to a charity via Google and their website. It is a Christian mission agency but it's not the same organisation as in the email. Second, the phone number is invalid. Third, the address is Lytham, not London.

Would you respond? Or would you alert the charity?

Thanks
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Angel :) ...

I think weve had Pastor Williams before or something similar...definite Scam :wink: ....
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Congratulations Angel on getting your first (of many) scams - cos scam it definitely is.

I think I would alert the charity concerned. Unfortunately they may not have the resources to follow up, but they may want to be aware.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

A succinct e-mail to abuse@yahoo.com, with headers of the original enquiry etc. will kick them into web-purgatory.

MG
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Hi Angel

A definite scam...also if the Charity exists then I would forward the email to them.