Newbies to rental market

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
sudabera

Newbies to rental market

Post by sudabera »

Hi

We are new to this site and have spent some time going over the different forums which we have found extremely useful.

We have look at various property ads and websites that are registered here and it would appear we are years behind all you guys.

In particular we found http://www.manilvavilla.com/index.htm
which is in the same area as our apartment and i would certainly book it if travelling to the area as holidaymaker.

We also like http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S6571.htm
on which the photos of the area make the accomodation appealing.

We have only been on the web since February of this year and have had a lot of hits but only 2 bookings and we would be grateful for any input with regard to our ad on Owners Direct.

We are also on Villarenters but have had only one enquiry from there and both registered booking have come from Owners direct.

We really need you help guys and we wont be offended.

Thanks in anticipation.
http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S6250.htm
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

I think your apartment looks gorgeous and nothing wrong with the advert. The only critisism I can make is the interior shots are very dark compared to the outside shots. Can you lighten them a bit on photoshop?
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Sudabera :) ..

Welcome to the Forum..

Your place looks lovely :wink:

Is it within walking distance of places or is a car essential....[if it is mentioned I havent spotted it]..
Quite a few of my guests dont want to hire a car apart from a few trips out and if yours is handy to things I think it might help...

Good Luck with your bookings..
thisfrenchlife

Post by thisfrenchlife »

Comparing your text at the top of the page and the one on the other the difference is they have drawn out what you can do around the area and for this up top.

The description of your property whilst useful is also a little further down the page, so you may have a little more room to sell the local area and village.

From a search engine perspective I notice in the example you point to the description features a couple of local destinations, Casa Dolar and Sierra Nevada, you might want to try and think of ways to ease mention of places close to you.

I would imagine you are restricted to the number of words you can use so it might take some time to write something new - it's almost a copywriting exercise but if you can extract from other pieces of text what appeals to you, then you can use similar.

As for piccies, trying to get the interior pic lighter would help and the example photos have used the trick of framing to create impact - if you've got a digital camera you can take as many pics as you want to see if you hit the mark.

Hope this helps

Craig
CarolK

Your property

Post by CarolK »

Try posting your property on ***removed*** - this is my website which I started as I got frustrated with little booking of my property from the main holiday rental sites! Happy to give to give you a free listing.

Edited by admins to remove link
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Carol,

This kind of rental listing site is not allowed under the forum rules.

You are free to post your property website URL in your signature or WWW link, but please refrain from advertising your listing site or posting it for a website review. If you have a personal property website, though, it's okay to ask for a review of that.
Brooke
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Tee Hee... :) :)

Hope Im not the only one who thought this was thename of the website :oops: :roll: :lol: :lol: ]....

[thought thats an unusual name : :o ]
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Also,
I get very frustrated by this type of thread. The original poster, a newby to the forum, asked for some advice, which he/she was given, but has just disappeared and never even had the courtesy to thank the people who responded, or contributed to any other thread on the forum.
Time waster...
enid

Post by enid »

Totally agree NC - if they had spent time reading the forum they would have picked up that it's a motually supportive forum not somewhere to advertise your product or ask for advice and then not acknowledge the responses!!! Someone once suggested that perhaps you should post a few times and review other sites before asking for a review yourself - seems only polite. Sorry but I am a bit of a Grumpy Old Woman where the integrity of this forum is concerened.
debk

Post by debk »

I'm a cranky old woman, too, then :evil:

I've actually stopped doing reviews unless the poster has already contributed themselves in some other way. (thanks to that handy "see all posts" link from the profile) If they've already done a decent review of someone else's site, I'm anxious to return the favor. If not...

It's just that too many of these disappear or go sour. And it can take quite a bit of time to do a thoughtful review of someone's site.

Now hand me my walker, please, dear. I'm shuffling out to feed the pidgeons.
debk
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Just tried to write my opinion of the type of people who come on and request a review without offering anything to the forum in return.
I've had too much wine though, and it was all too waffly so I've deleted it all (be thankfull).
To be succinct, give first, take later and appreciate the time and effort that members put into doing reviews.
The advice given is generally very professional and it's given for free. Forum members take the time to do this, because this is such a helpful forum, and that kindness shouldn't be abused!
I know when I've had enough, and I'm off to bed.
Night night.
Donna P

Post by Donna P »

Yes, I agree with the fact that these people do not contribute to other threads. I often check out "New Posts" when I log on and its usually the same names contributing ever time.
I must confess , I have spent the last week or so in Seville and Madrid and finding an Internet Cafe was far from my thoughts, however, I logged on as soon as I returned home. Just give me a day or so to collect my thoughts and I will fill you all in on my adventures !!! Believe me it will be worth waiting for. Must get permision from another LMH member before I start (mentioning no names of course !!!)
Coming to a website near you soon !
Donna x
"Stop the world I want to get off"
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

There is another link to this person's site under the Website Review thread, that maybe needs removing ....

Think its here if I have linked this correctly

viewtopic.php?t=4127
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I'm obviously as daft as Ros, as I also thought that was the name of the site, and a very peculiar one too! However, now that I have seen the actual name, Is till think it's rather odd.

As it happens I was cold called by them last night. Their front page has a good PR, but the Spain section doesn't. I know that's not everything, but I'm puzzled as to how they get searched for with a name like 'Structured'.

Perhaps CarolK can post here and explain what's behind such an odd choice of name, and how she thinks it will attract holiday makers. I mean, if you gave your site the name 'Big Toe' you'd probably soon get a high PR by people searching you out of curiousity, but they wouldn't necessarily want what you were offering.

Pauline
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I'm obviously as daft as Ros,
Surely Not :shock:

..be afraid be very afraid :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :