Protecting your personal information

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Would be very boring if we were all the same wouldn't it?
Thats it in a nutshell I have a chat on the phone once theyve booked but not normally just when the enquire..

.unless its a bit different...I actually phoned someone yesterday 5 mins after she enquired
and she seemed to be really pleased...to hear from me
......she wanted 3rd-10th June and our only week left were 2-9th June...but she said she was an air hostess and couldnt get there until the 3rd...thats OK I said as long as you were out by the 9th :wink: :roll: :lol: ..

Lets see if that works :lol:
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Just looked at your place Ros,#

Looks lovely, We went to torov, totveg (can never spell it) years ago, really enjoyed it.

Noticed you don't show availability, is there a reason? does it work better for you not to show it?

Oh dear...I've gone off topic again :oops: sorry.

Ruth
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

Alan Knighting wrote:
As both a holiday maker (a vacationer if you must) and as a property owner I prefer to have a “personal� link with the other side and a telephone conversation can give me that. I think a telephone call, either way, can create that personal link. What would “put me off� is a holiday maker or an owner who objected to a telephone call. I would immediately ask myself “Why?�

Fluffy
Remember I said that this was relevant to enquirys. I feel differently about other stages of the booking.

Irrational or not, there are many people who do not like to use the phone. I usually receive lovely, chatty, insight into renters through e:mails. If you want to corner a non phone friendly person into talking on the phone because you want to, then you will be making that an ackward moment. if I had sent you an e:mail enquiry, I don't expect a phone call back.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Ruth Torrevieja said torreveecka.
weve had numerous post about availabilty calenders and what weve all agreed on is we dont agree which is great..but some is on here maybe someone with a better grasp of the search thing could help...
viewtopic.php?t=2309&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Join me in rental listing sites and I will try and answer some of your quieries...
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Overboard,

For me the bottom line is that the telephone is a means of communication.

It doesn’t threaten me - it doesn’t frighten me - I don’t feel cornered by it - I just use it - it enables me to communicate.

Fluffy
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Thanks for the link Ros,

I've read through and the differing views are interesting, I'm still in the camp that thinks calendars are a good thing. But can understand some of the other opinions.

Ruth