Inquiring Client Wants to Visit Before Booking

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
olive

Post by olive »

" I'll report how it goes ...."

Did you, GG?
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

That's curious! Have just been searching unsuccessfully for this thread to do just that Olive! Found another thread in which I mentioned this family, but not the present one - so, not totally infallible!

So anyway, yep - they inspected, (like Mouse, I was also on slight tenterhooks beforehand,) they stayed, they were extremely charming according to our caretaker who is usually sparing in his praise - and I'm hoping they'll come again! :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
tansy

Post by tansy »

we had some folk that barged their way in when a family were unloading their car on arrival - asked to look round which they did - they booked very proud of the fact that they had looked around before booking - were a slight pain 1st year - then booked 2nd year in our other house (don't think they got into it but looked at it from outside) and were nightmare this time round... hope they don't come back as I will refuse to take the booking!
it's all a learning curve!
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

I just had a quick look at your website (nosey parker) and I love your "Same day, same weather" pics. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's different for us B&Bs, but I'm not surprised that French want to see a gite in person if they are in the area - it's par for the course for them to check out chambres d'hôtes and hotel rooms before committing. If someone local books for a party or whatever, they usually come round in person (invariably in the middle of a meal) and they often ask to see the rooms. I once took some 'overflow' to a neighbouring B&B (French owned) and the owner told me later that the guests had looked at the bedroom, disappeared into the bathroom for a minute andthen drove off saying they had changed their minds. I think they may have a drain problem. :wink:
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

I've just arranged for someone to look at our house next weekend.

They know the area very well and usually stay in 4 star hotels but next year they want to stay for 4 weeks in May so are looking for a house instead.

May is not a good month bookings wise so I would love to secure this one but I have no idea how many other properties they are looking at.

Living off site means I won't be showing them round personally and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

No nerves but no gut instinct either!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

HI LL :)

Has it happened yet ??
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

:lol: It was this morning!!

I've not heard anything form my Property Manager yet and the guests are only just starting their holiday so I'm not expecting to hear from them for a while.

Must admit to checking my emails a little more often than usual though :wink: