Living on site and dogs

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

PS: We have the Wine Route and the Walnut Route here - perhaps the Castration Route could be a new visitor attraction?
:D :D

Stephen...how awful for you - could you not contact the guests, explaining about the damage and ask for a contribution? As a responsible pet owner I'd be mortified if my dog did that - perhaps they've not realised the extent of the damage.
As you never asked for any extra £ towards their stay - I think it might be worth a go (they can only say no...and if they do...hopefully they'll feel guilty about it)

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

The dogs next door have a bit of a dominance problem, one is the son of the older dog, Our spayed bitch goes round to play, and she puts them both in their place. She is quite a timid girl sometimes, and avoids other dogs, but if they try to be dominant over her, she always sorts them out (no violence involved, just a sharp growl).
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Mousies Right[of course :wink: ]Morning Mousie

Give the owners a chance to contribute..
.But I think they should have noticed the damage themselves...

even well behaved dogs probably act differently when staying in a new environment so even the most placid dog could cause some problems I think... :roll:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I think guests can sometimes be a bit embarrassed if they or their pets have caused damage, and a frightened to mention it. A bit like the ostrich, they hope it's going to go away if they don't mention it. Some of course couldn't care less, and the best ones of all tell us about it. A recent guest complained to me in an email about something that could have been dealt with by our manager and the caretaker in 5 minutes. Instead, I had to then contact Mel and then the caretaker, and she had to rush about sorting it out for the next guests.