new website

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
roxytoo

new website

Post by roxytoo »

am thinking of setting up another website (the one below I did not do myself) can anyone point me in the right direction in regards to the actual domain name?? Is it important at all in google rankings etc (I mean the name you choose) I understand org is more for charities etc, what about a spanish name but ending.gb.com, would this help or hinder me? Does it depend wholly on the words people put into the search engine for the name of the domain to come up? Before I get to grips with dreamweaver I need to get the name sorted!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Check out this thread related to choosing a domain name.

Being from the US, it wouldn't really occur to me to register a domain as anything but a .com, although .co.uk makes sense as well. I'm not sure about the others, but I wouldn't do .org.

In general I think the domain does help in search engine placement, but there's a lot more information about it on the thread above.

Cheers!
Brooke
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

thanks for that, looks like I have some reading to do!!