with some trepidation!!!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
tree-peony

with some trepidation!!!

Post by tree-peony »

I offer you

http://www.gozoluxury.co.uk

As the apartment isn't actually finished yet, the photos leave more than a little to be desired (!) Also there are a couple more sections to go in, a guest comments page and a photo gallery.

But general comments would be very welcome at this early stage of developement!

Aye thank ewe :)
Stu

Post by Stu »

Hi TP!

Thanks for offering up your website for critique. Having just cast a really quick eye over it (I need to take number 2 son to town soon....) the first thing that struck me were the pics. I wouldn't show pics of the developing apartment, preferring instead to say 'coming soon'. Create the sense of space, and tranquility with words. Ask the reader to close their eyes, and imagine...

Your homepage description of 'where' and how you came across Gozo is brilliant. Everyone likes that personal touch, it gives your clients the sense that they're dealing with people, real and honest. Not some booking agency.

The other thing I noticed was that your text is 'justified'. This makes it seem a little too far spaced for my liking, it breaks the 'continuity'.

They're just two things but hope to look in again later and possibly add to this if that's ok? Looking good so far though!
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

Of course Stu :)

The reason that I've put the "in progress" pics up is that at the moment the people who are looking at the site (in the main, anyway!) are mates who want to know what it looks like. I've not submitted it to search engines yet, or put any meta tags in :)

Interesting about the justification.... I personally find it easier to read, but obviously it does depend on your screen resolution and text size how it appears. I may make the table fixed width rather than % if it seems to cause a problem :)
enid

Post by enid »

I'm not usually one for coloured text but this works OK for me - I would always like text a little larger but I am an old bird! I agree about the picture on the home page - very enticing. It is difficult wanting to show a property that isn't finished - we finished one bedroom and used that plus lots of outdoor and regional shots at first.

I would centre the text alongside your meny bar on the pages where you only have a little textt. I like it :)
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

thanks Enid :)
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

Hi Tree-Peony

I really love it!! Gozo looks gorgeous!

We were in a similar position ourselves not too long ago. I put photos of the building stage on our website mainly for friends and family who were constantly asking to see it. I also put an artists impression of our villa on our site, so people could see what it would eventually look like!!

I like your style of writing (something that I have to work on myself! :oops: ). You can get a feel for the place already even though it's not finished. Sounds like it's going to be a really lovely place to stay.

Mx
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

:D

I'll have to ask the builder if there are any artist's impressions...great idea, thanks!
(am faffing with the ikea kitchen planner AGAIN!!! )