Bed Wetters...but not 'children'!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Guest3

Bed Wetters...but not 'children'!

Post by Guest3 »

We had a 4 couples check-out Saturday. 2 Sets of parents with 2 sets of teenage couples (boyfriend & girlfriend). When I went to see them on Friday they all made really nice comments on the villa and the location...etc. They were a really pleasant group and considering we didn't have very nice weather last week, they made the most of their holiday.

We didn't have guests checking-in this week, so I went this morning to strip the beds and found both of the twin beds in one bedroom with urine stains...not tiny drops...but big patches (as you would find if a child had wet the bed!)...and it was definitely urine as the smell was gross! I assume it was one of the sets of teenage couples that are the bedwetters :? Luckily I have waterproof mattress covers so the mattresses were protected. However, the beds had been made up and the stains had come through to the quilts, which had to be taken to the lavenderia for cleaning this morning.

Would you say anything...or would you just 'let it be'?
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Crystal,

If they were in all other respects nice guests and they are likely to come back I think you should add incontinences pads to your welcome pack (with full instructions on their use).

Otherwise, tell them to “p*ss off�, they will clearly know what you mean.

Fluffy
paolo

Post by paolo »

Sage advice, as ever :D
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

If they were in all other respects nice guests and they are likely to come back I think you should add incontinences pads to your welcome pack (with full instructions on their use).
:lol:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

You have my sympathy Crystal, I've had the same thing happen twice this year (one adult who was probably drunk) and one teenager, on seperate occasions. I said nothing in either case, but had I discovered the accident before the adult group left I would certainly had adopted Alan's advice. Luckily he had supplied his own bed linen so only the mattress cover had to be washed thoroughly. I should have been suspicious when I saw the sheet and duvet cover hanging on the washing line prior to their departure.

I probably wouldn't say anything in your case scenario - fortunately it isn't a regular occurence and everything can be washed, so there is no real damage done.
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

OMG! I'm going to have a rethink on my mattress protectors and get some waterproof ones. It never even occured to me that this could happen!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

La Vache...well..seems 'adult bedwetting' is not quite as uncommon as I thought! This is the first time it's ever happened since we've been renting, so you can imagine how shocked I was! And to think I initially put the waterproof mattresses in case of kiddies wetting the bed!
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

Poor you...I've got all this to look forward to!

I don't think I would say anything just in case it embarrassed the teenager and they had tried to keep it a secret. Well maybe I would if they were horrid :evil:

Mx
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Is it possible that Ikea sell mattresses with in-built drainage systems?

Fluffy
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Is it possible that Ikea sell mattresses with in-built drainage systems?

:lol: Well if they did they would make a fortune!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

It reminds me of a Lily Savage joke. She said she shared with her sister who wet the bed but she was lucky as she had the shallow end!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Adults with incontinence problems are only too aware of the embarrassment that 'leakage' can cause and usually make strenuous efforts to prevent accidents happening. I have nothing but sympathy for such people - there but for fortune go any one of us - and I wouldn't draw attention to their problem.

However, it's my guess that 'holiday' + 'too much alcohol' is the usual cause, particularly if the culprit is a teenager or young adult. It's difficult to feel sympathy when you're having to clean up the mess but I doubt there are too many people - young and old - who haven't made fools of themselves at some time or other, courtesy of a bottle of this or that.

Jim

PS: Liked the Lily Savage joke!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Tell me about it, sofas and all sorts needed cleaning today, at home, not in our apartment, due to over-indulgence by son and friends yesterday evening. !! :roll: . Fortunately I had to go to work, and they were left to do it themselves with supervision from hubby. Vomit not urine though.
:evil: