Any tips gratefully received.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All...

Normandy Cow you and me are on the same wavelength it seems...[posted at the same time]

now if I were you I would be very afraid. :o ..

Right joke wise...It isnt really one specially if it needs to be explained it was just that Kipper 889 seemed quite an unusual name specially with the numbers..
And ynow if you are having a chat with someone and a name is mentioned you sort of say well are they related to so and so or I went to school with his sister/brother/second cousin once removed that sort of thing...
I just thought id say are you related to Kipper 890...I knew.....well whayever...you had to be there really..

Im sorry this is how my mind works and sometimes I can resist the temptation of sharing it with you and sometimes not :(
...But as Ive said before ....you only have to put up with me part of the day Im with me ALL the while :roll: :o :cry:

And Yes Please Call me Ros..as thats my name.... :wink: :lol:
but I answer to most things... :lol:
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Well I've made changes to the text but I am getting in a bit of a mess with my pics. Why does HR make it so difficult to move pictures around? :(

It seems that if I replace a picture with a different one from my library I lose it from the library altogether, also, it won't let me change the descriptions.

I'll have to give them a ring and see if they can help me sort it out. :roll:

Thanks Ros for your comments

Ruth
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks Ros for your comments

Ruth
Your VERY welcome Ruth :wink: ...I dont know anything about the techy stuff...but if I can help in any way let me know....
Iam silly but in a nice way i hope
...you seem to have settled in nicely so thats good theyre a great bunch on here as you will see.....and I did enjoy our little drink last night ..mind you havent seen Party this morning yet :o

Take Carex
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Ruth, I've just looked at your advert again and I see you've moved the photos around and replaced the one with the jumper with one of the other photos of the dining room.
I was going to suggest that at first, but I didn't because I actually think that even with the jumper, that first one was a far better photo because it showed more detail of the room and the staircase etc. (And most people when looking for a holiday home are not saddos like me and that jumper would not influence their decision at all, in fact most people wouldn't even notice it).

I meant what I said though about having a go at removing the jumper in photoshop, I'm pretty sure I could do it, I'm a bit of a photo manipulation addict as I'm sure a few people on this site will testify! So do please email me the photo and I'll have a go!
enid

Post by enid »

Enid, reading my rental notes again I do sound very bossy don't I?
Not bossy - just trying to be honest . I agree that some of this info would be better in the terms and condition when you have already hooked them.

I still like the photos but i would take NC up on her photoshop offer :)
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hello Nc,

I have emailed the pic to you, thanks very much.

My add comes up for renewal on sunday and I have only ordered 4 extra pictures this time, so I will wait until next week to choose the best ones.

Ruth
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

removing the jumper in photoshop, I'm pretty sure I could do it, I'm a bit of a photo manipulation addict
Hi NC

Would be interesting to see the 'before' and 'after' and hear about the method of removal (if it's not a secret).

Jim
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

She also has to remove the top of my mum's head. That could be painful and a long process!! :lol:

Ruth
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Ruth - I've sent you a PM but perhaps you haven't seen it yet. I haven't got your email yet, because I am having probs with my email forwarding, so please check the PM which has the actual email address. (In fact I've just deleted my email address from the earlier post because I just remembered that it isn't a good idea to publish email addresses on a forum, is it!).
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hello NC,

Did you get the pic? I tried a couple of times to your new email addy.

Ruth
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

No I haven't, I've been having major problems with my email, but I think it should have been sorted now. Could you please have another go so I can check whether it is indeed OK.
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

I have tried again,

Hope it works.

Ruth
fibi

Post by fibi »

I think your ad looks fabulous - the views are excellent. It looks really upmarket.

One point - and nothing to do with your ad. We book overseas usually 4 to 6 times a year and there is a lot of choice. With airline restrictions now the deciding factor (apart from UK telly for the kids - how sad!) for us how is much luggage we have to take with us. So pool/beach towels which take up loads of room in luggage are really appreciated. They don't cost much to buy and may just get you more bookings.
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi Fibi,

Thanks for your comments, I think the reason that a lot of owners don't supply beach towels is that they tend to get a lot of wear and need replacing often to keep them looking clean and fresh. They also add to the cost of laundering. Saying that I do get what you are saying and personally I am delighted if I book a hotel that supply beach towels.

It is something for me to consider. Would other members suggest that I buy cheap and replace often or buy quality and hope they last a season or two?

Ruth
enid

Post by enid »

We provide pool towels and have a lot of positive feed back about it. I bought good quality but when there was a promotion so paid cheap and they are on their 3rd season now and looking good. :)