Any tips gratefully received.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

One point - and nothing to do with your ad. We book overseas usually 4 to 6 times a year and there is a lot of choice. With airline restrictions now the deciding factor (apart from UK telly for the kids - how sad!) for us how is much luggage we have to take with us. So pool/beach towels which take up loads of room in luggage are really appreciated. They don't cost much to buy and may just get you more bookings.
Hi Fibi..

Actually thats a good Point..The only reason I dont supply pool towels is cos I noticed most of the others dont seem to......I really dont mind paying for them...I will just have to check with Paula as she does the Laundry :roll: ......

Of course there would be nothing to stop them using whatever towels are in the house for Whatever purpose....and Im sure most of them do..

I agree with Enid.... Middle priced Towels...
would fit the bill especially if theyre bought while on offer........
I got some lovely ones for the houses from Makro and they seemed to have lasted really well....
fibi

Post by fibi »

Hi Big Sis,

with 4 children I wouldn't book a villa if it didn't offer pool towels - after you put 6 towels in a case there isn't much room for anything else. May save you wear and tear/staining on your house towels too if they are not being used for the pool! :D
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

You've convinced me.

We are visiting the villa in July and beach towels are on the growing list of 'things to buy' I Will have to buy them in Cy, otherwise I will have to cart 14 beach towels in my luggage!! :?

Thanks all.

Ruth
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Kipper..

I know what you mean about weight in suitcases..but as we visit the houses often weve got a sort of cupboard[actually a false wall] that the guests havent access to where we keep things to save us taking them out every time...[not valuables of course..also a few tbags coffee bottles of water so that if we arrive late we have basics]that means weve been able to take lots of heavy stuff when weve visited[2 safes...nest of tables..cutlery...Towels[not all at once of course]
and never paid any excess..

I know this wont help you this trip but it might be worth thinking about in the future..also that means we can bring lots of stuff back with us like shoes[one of my weaknesses Im afraid :roll: ]
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi Ros,

I have a 'locked cupboard' (one of our guests forced it to see what was inside, but that's another story) We keep all our extra bedding and towels for our management to do changeovers. But I also leave stuff that we like to use, (fave CD's beach towels and odds and sods).

I would need to bring over 14 beach towels to cater for changeovers and laundry, so I think I will buy them in CY.

Ruth
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Why are you guys posting here when there is a perfectly good Towel Thread to post on? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Sue, who will keep the towel thread going at all costs, manic laugh... :twisted: )
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Sorry Sue,

We just sort of lost the 'thread' Geddit? :lol:

Will continue 'towel talk' on your thread. 8)

Ruth
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Ruth, I've made the amendments to that photo.

I've created a new thread about it:
viewtopic.php?p=49863#49863

Will email you the original image.