Nigerian scam?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
jdabney

Nigerian scam?

Post by jdabney »

You'll all love the following enquiry I received through Slow Travel

Inquiry from Slow Travel about your classified listing 2566

The following information request was received on 4/19/2007 from timalade_000@yahoo.com.

My name is Diplomat Timothy Alade with batch number 33546719NG and I am presently working for the Nigerian government as an Interim Diplomat.

I came across your hotel during our residential enlightment programme three months ago in Northumberland, United Kingdom on the category of hotels in which Diplomats from our country should reside.

I have been posted to Puglia, Italy for a primary assignment for four months and I hereby, wish to make enquiries in your hotel.

I am sending you this email so you can reply to timalade_000@yahoo.com. We can then, discuss immediate payment. I would also like to introduce you to the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Nigeria, Mr Abubakar Tanko whose number I will give to you in the next email I would be sending if your hotel is available.

In your reply, I need you to provide a list of the charges for a family of three for 6 months.

Awaiting your soonest reply.

Timothy Alade.

...............Maybe Mr Tanko really is the Minister for Foreign Affairs and this is genuine!! Be nice, but methinks highly unlikely. Just thought it might amuse you, no doubt the next request will be for my bank account details into which squillions will be placed!! Just what is an interim diplomat?....something to occupy our friend between scams no doubt.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

At least he's upfront about his nationality - kiss of death for getting accommodation out of any of us though.

I still think a long weekend in Lagos, running a scammers' seminar, would be well-attended and profitable; any volunteers?

MG