Stupid me! forgot to take phone no.

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
guest 4

Stupid me! forgot to take phone no.

Post by guest 4 »

Just had a call from someone wanting to book my villa for the last week in October, he saw it on HR. Said he definately wanted to book.

OK I said in my cheeriest voice, give me your email address and I'll send a booking form and further information. A bit of chit chat followed and I said goodbye. Sounded a very nice man.

My mum then rang to tell me that Tesco has a special offer on pork chops this week. :?

Jumped on the comp to send the information, You've guessed it.
Wrong email address!!! and I didn't ask him for his number. 1471 gives me my mum's no.

Stupid, Stupid, Me!!!!

I want to blame my mum, but I can't really can I?

So I've probably lost a weeks booking but I can save money on dinner tonight!! :cry:

Ruth
Last edited by guest 4 on Wed May 02, 2007 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

With any luck, when he doesn't get your email he may check back to see if you put the address down wrong :oops:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Ruth..

What a shame :(

......Do you have a name maybe you could google it[if its unusual] or maybe get the right email address from the name...say the wrong email address is smith and the name is smyth try that...or his wrong email address said .com and its .co.uk

I always ask them to email me from the site and i will respond to that..........and as you say get a phone no..1471 is sometimes withheld...
as I have had this happen in the past :roll: ...

But anyway if he wants to book and has spoken to you Im sure he will ring back if he doesnt hear from you in the next couple of days[hope so] :wink:
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Oh I'm so sorry Ruth - hopefully he'll call you when he doesn't get your email.

It's no consolation for this occasion, but what I always do when I get phone calls is to ask them to email me so that I can reply to their email, or if this is not convenient for them, I take their email address and I say something along the lines of "I'll definitely email you the details, so if you don't hear from me by XXX, it means I've had a problem with my PC so please call me back". Oh, and I always ask for their phone number too.
mon269

Post by mon269 »

I’m so sorry Ruth. I’m trying to think of a solution, but apart from waiting and keeping your fingers crossed, nothing else comes to mind. If he was going to book, he will ring again.

You are right, you can’t blame you mum. :?
Martha

Post by Martha »

Can you get the info from your phone company? Most of them provide itemised bills now, might be possible to call them and get it...long shot, but worth a try.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Oh Kip!...I'm sure he'll contact you when he doesn't get your email...is there any way you can try some combinations of the email address. This is not said 'tongue in cheek' folks! :roll: The number of times I've replied to an incorrectly typed email address where I have had to 'jiggle' them about until I didn't get a mail delivery failure! I would say 90% of the time I got the mail addy correct too! :shock: The chances are if he gave you the wrong email address on the phone, he's probably typing it the same way too! :roll:

As a rule whenever I get an enquiry by 'phone (after the general 'chit chat') I take their name, direct them to our own website and request them to fill in the enquiry form. That way I have a record of the initial enquiry with all their details including telephone number...(Some of the listing sites do not require a telephone number as statutory, but on our enquiry form it is :wink: )
My mum then rang to tell me that Tesco has a special offer on pork chops this week
:lol: That's exactly the sort of thing I would do! I'm a bargain hunter too that loves to share the info to anyone willing to listen!! :lol: (I assume pork chops is off the menu this week! :lol: )
paolo

Post by paolo »

The email address may be wrong by one letter, if you PM it to me I may be able to suggest something. Also, check the error message you got, as sometimes an email bounces because the recipient's email account is too full. In this case, keep re-sending it and eventually it should go through.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Kip..

Youve helped me anyway[if that any consolation :roll: ]...

I was sunbathing and the phone went

enquired for dates...which I managed to manouvre slightly :wink: ..
and said right we will book.... wallop[aint it funny how some faff about and some go straight for it...]
As I didnt have my guest booking head on and as Id just looked at your posting..I was being extra cautious..

I asked her to email me...from the website...
took her Name and phone no..
which I then checked with 1471....
No email came so i rung her again got her email address which Ive just emailed and got a reply to for the booking...

Also steered her to cheaper flts for the week I want her to have...

All the while in my bikini[not a pretty sight :roll: ]

So thanks :wink: :)
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the messages, I have tried all kinds of variations on the address but none work.

As you say, hopefully he will contact me again.

I don't know what I was thinking this afternoon, I always take a phone number. Probably all this sun gone to my head. 8)

Takeaway tonight...s*d the expense. :lol:

Ruth
gh

Post by gh »

kipper889 wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the messages, I have tried all kinds of variations on the address but none work..........

This may sound simple, :roll: have you checked where you have entered the (.) in the address, I have done this silly thing before and not noticed after many many double-checks.

Helen
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

This is the address He gave me:

x.xxxxxxxx@virgin.net

Replace x's for his initial and surname. He spelt it out for me very slowly and clearly. :?

Ruth
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Are you using capitals when you shouldn't be? Or should it be his firstname.surname@virgin.net
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

He definately spelt it out as
'initial dot surname at virgin dot net'

I thought email addresses weren't case sensitive? mine isn't.

Wouldn't it be funny if after all this it was a crank call??? :lol:

No. maybe not!! :?

Ruth
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

No, I didn't think they were case-sensitive either, but just in case.