Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

About rental listing sites

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lay My Hat Forum Index ->
Rental listing sites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paolo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: About rental listing sites Reply with quote

By ‘rental listing site’ I mean those sites where you pay an annual fee for a page of photos and descriptions of your rental property, and any enquiries come direct to you by phone or email.

I am a great fan of these sites, because they have revolutionised the business of holiday rentals. It is now possible to be seen by the whole world for a small-ish fee, and not have your rates boosted by up to 50% to pay an agency commission.

There used to be a handful of these sites but now there are thousands. They range in price from free to over £200/E300/$400 a year.

I am often asked which are the best, but that can be an impossible question to answer, because it really depends on location, as well as type of property, and target market.

There is a good way to put yourself in your target market’s shoes. Use a search engine, and Google is much the biggest, to search for a property like yours. The sites that come up the most are the most likely to bring you visitors. I describe the process in a little more detail in this article:

http://www.laymyhat.com/newsletters/newsletter3.htm#found

The other way to find out which listing sites are the best is to ask your fellow rental owners. This part of the forum is intended as the place to discuss which sites work best for you, which you would recommend, which you would not recommend, and anything else to do with rental listing sites.

Start off by clicking on ‘newtopic’ and then have your say.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lay My Hat Forum Index ->
Rental listing sites