Would you give discount on a discounted price!

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Fil wrote:
La Vache wrote:I. Business is business, after all!
Not giving discounts as a principle is not an emotional decision, it is a rational and cold business decision. If you grant the discount to someone who would pay the initial price if refused, you are loosing money.
But Foxie had already lost a booking by doing this (or only offering a slight discount). I agree with what you are saying if you are talking about bookings made in advance, but quite honestly, for last minute bookings, it's a risk I'd take, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Is electricity that expensive in Cyprus Foxie??
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Not giving discounts as a principle is not an emotional decision, it is a rational and cold business decision. If you grant the discount to someone who would pay the initial price if refused, you are loosing money.
But dya really think these people would have booked without it...they werent 'normal' guests of course looking at your website..they were probably having a trawl and you netted them..
and Money in the bank is better than some left in a guests pocket[or someone elses] especially as The whole lot would be due now ..which is handy for some at the beginning of the season...

I wouldnt do this apart from very hard to get rid of months....or shortish notice...

and only you know when they are ..
as in all things you do what you want to do and not what you dont...... :roll: