Dealing with enquires from groups of young people

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi John..

Did you see the one on the news recently...absolutely frightening...of course its never the friends of the daughter/son usually the gatecrashers or friends of friends...or people looking to make trouble...

Something similar happened to a friend recently..but on a smaller scale..thankfully..
My friends daughter was distraught but by then noone was taking any notice of her[she phoned her Grandad who came round and was told to xxxx off...which he did[he was frightened]
the Police had to sort it in the end the daughter ended up with a severe reaction of ezema and was off work for a while...
This was being relayed to my friend who ended up coming back from holiday early to sort it out... :roll: :(

I will quickly add that the daughter [shes our godchild] and her real friends are lovely and had never been a bit of trouble befre...
its the others :roll: ..what have they got to lose its not their parents house and they have no loyalty to the daughter/son..probably dont even know them :evil:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I work half a mile from the infamous Durham teenagers party,and a couple of my son's friends were there, although they had left long before the police were called. There were a lot of gatecrashers apparently, and the girl herself was hysterical.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Topcat wrote:I've been following this thread with interest. How do you know they're under 25? I know you can ask, but it seems a cheek.
Pauline
Well when they first enquired they said they were a group of Media students, so they were upfront about it and didn't try and hide anything, which gave them a few brownie points to start with.

I did ask their ages and when they realised I was english (their initial email was in spanish, although I replied in spanish it was a babelfish translation so they could tell, I suppose) the girl dealing with their booking said she spoke a bit of english and we could write in english. So I asked how many girls, how many boys and what ages they were.

Our area isn't one where there are lots of clubs etc, it's pretty quiet generally and not a place you go to if you want a rave up.

and as it's during May, when bookings are thin on the ground and there is 10 days before the next booking, I asked the advice of my manager and I decided to go for it. I might regret it but we will see.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

HelenB wrote:I work half a mile from the infamous Durham teenagers party,and a couple of my son's friends were there, although they had left long before the police were called. There were a lot of gatecrashers apparently, and the girl herself was hysterical.
You another North Eastern Girl then Helen - sorry, off topic :oops:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Absolutely!! :D Getting quite a NE flavour on here now!
The Olive Grove

HelenB wrote:Absolutely!! :D Getting quite a NE flavour on here now!
From just north of Newcastle ourselves - now living permanently in San Vito Dei Normanni, Puglia - since 2nd December, not quite to grips with the language yet :oops:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Hubby is from Tynemouth,and I'm from Consett.
The Olive Grove

HelenB wrote:Hubby is from Tynemouth,and I'm from Consett.
Lived in North Shields for my early years (until 9), then Whitley Bay. Hubby went to Kings School in Tynemouth - small world!

Sorry everybody, tell us to go talk elsewhere if you are getting bored.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Well, there we go.

I’m from Forest Hall and Joan is from Gosforth. I went to the RGS and Joan went to the Central High. I was managing partner at Watson Burton and Joan was in production at TTTV. Our son Chris went to Ascham House and then King’s School, Tynemouth. He did his Masters at Northumbria University.

Fluffy
The Olive Grove

Alan Knighting wrote:Well, there we go.

I’m from Forest Hall and Joan is from Gosforth. I went to the RGS and Joan went to the Central High. I was managing partner at Watson Burton and Joan was in production at TTTV. Our son Chris went to Ascham House and then King’s School, Tynemouth. He did his Masters at Northumbria University.

Fluffy
Brother went to RGS. Sure we had dealings with Watson Burton sometime in the past (may be wrong), our son Andrew went to Ascham House then on to RGS. Didn't go to University, although daughter went to Lincoln.

Had we all better continue this in the cafe - think that's what it is called.