Review Please- am I being too greedy?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.

Am I asking too much?

Poll ended at Tue May 22, 2007 7:38 pm

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 3

Moon Dog

Review Please- am I being too greedy?

Post by Moon Dog »

Hello Rental Heads,

I've recently got my site up and running and have jusdt lkisted with holidaylets. We're still a bit new to all this and woudl appreciate feed back on the site and opinions on the price we are asking, particulalrly over the summer months.

I had a rep from Welcome Cottages look around and have worked on the price band he recomended but cut a fair bit off. I still wonder if we're asking a bit much in comparison to similar little maison de village...

All feedback and advice gratefully received!

Manyana Marketing Ltd...
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi Moon dog?? Welcome to LMH, hope you will join us for a chat a bit later.

I can't comment on prices as I don't know about your location.

I think you have a great site, looks really attractive and clear to navigate.

Personally I found the paragraph about 10% off if you book this, and 30% of if you book that a bit confusing, but I tend to be easily confused :?

Also I think the incentive to reccommend is good, but wonder if you should call it the 'drunkards offer' ? Just my immediate reaction. :lol: Although I would probably work very hard to get the reward. :wink:

Well done, your site looks great.

Ruth
Moon Dog

Post by Moon Dog »

Ruth,

Many thanks for your kind words and advice. I did wonder wether the formula for reductions was abit off putting. I think I might offer a daily rate and a weekly rate to make things clearer.

I've much enjoyed the banter and advice on the site and have only recently signed up- please bear with my typos!

Luke
Manyana Marketing Ltd...
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

I love the inebriates bit! Though the conditions of it are a little confusing-probably because it's that time of night! I would definately keep it in but maybe keep it a little more simple for fellow inebriates! :oops:
I think this may be an idea worth pinching!.
Moon Dog

Post by Moon Dog »

Thank you, Bellywobble!

Fellow innebriates are most welcome to swipe my idea: just as long as you quote my website when sending out your thank-you bottles!

Hey, if we give away some of our precious plonk we might even get slimmer... MIGHT

Cheers!
Manyana Marketing Ltd...
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

I've just showed this to my (also inebriated) husband, who thinks it's a wonderful marketing idea! :)
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Anything slimming has got to be a winner, especially if it works with wine! :) 8)
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi Luke,

Just one other thing, as I know you are open to suggestions, feel like we are friends already lol.

I think the bright yellow on the option menu is a bit glaring, Taking away from the pics. just went back for another look and it hit me..BANG!! (hurt my eyes a bit) Second thoughts, perhaps that's a good thing?

Ruth
Moon Dog

Post by Moon Dog »

Thanks, Ruth.

The colours look quite muted to me but then I am using a dingey little lap-top! A colleague of my sister said that the contrast between the letters and background on the nav buttons wasn't good enough for her to use easily. I think i shall have to do some tinkering with the colour scheme...

...maybe tomorrow!
Manyana Marketing Ltd...
fibi

Post by fibi »

Luke,

I like it a lot, easy to follow, i especially like the travel directions and informations on the village and region. I definately do not think you are charging too much seems very reasonable. One little point is that the small yellow font is very difficult for me to read - in fact i can't! i also have trouble with the yellow on yellow on the buttons although I can read these.

Good luck, it looks great!
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
Moon Dog

Post by Moon Dog »

:P

Fibi,

Thanks for your review. Seems to be a theme developing with the colours! I shall speak to my web-savy cousin about altering it. She helped me with the pics, map and calendar but now I seem to wipe them off every time I try to alter the slightest bit of punctuation!

I note that you don't list a personal site. Do you mind me asking how you go about your advertising?

Cheers,

Luke.
Manyana Marketing Ltd...
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Well I see I jumped in and posted on the wrong thread. That'll teach me!

Still worth repeating on this one - I really can't read the yellow writing, and the bright yellow down the side also hurts my eyes.

But a nice site, and it looks a nice place. I don't actually think you're being too greedy by the way, as it looks as if you've taken some trouble with the place. I love the little roof terrace, and the plates and cool box up there.

A few spelling mistakes that might be worth correcting.

Good luck with it,

Topcat
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Moon Dog

Post by Moon Dog »

Thank you TC!

Yep, got to do something about my colour scheme. You're right about the spelling and typos- my website control pannel doesn't have a spellchecker: shows how reliant I've become on them!

Just had a peep at your site:very swish! I note that your calndar is linked to holiday lettings. Do you rate them?

Thanks again,

Luke.
Manyana Marketing Ltd...
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Hi Luke,

It's difficult to say about rental listing sites. You'll see there's a whole thread devoted to them. They've been the best for me so far, but this will be my first year anyway - we don't even complete till 5th June and i'm fully booked for the rest of the Summer. Optimistic, moi!

I'm glad you like my site. Once I come back from Spain in July I will be able to include pictures of the apartment. But I went for blue and cream because its easy on the eye, so you might want to think about that.

I noticed the way you've softened the edges of pictures. I can't make my mind up about that. However I'm intending to try it on my other site, www.watercoloursinspain.co.uk (anything for a plug, eh!) because I think it will look good on the paintings. Only my software doesn't let me do it, and I'm waiting for a friend with photoshop to e-mail me a few examples.

TC
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
kittybuck

I like it

Post by kittybuck »

I think that your site is very clean and well laid out.
My comments are very similar to ones made by others.
The yellow attracts the eye away from the photos. I would do a bluish-gray, or some other color that is closer to those in the photos on the home page - and of course making sure that the font color really shows up.
I try to look at my sites on several different computers as well, because something can look great on one monitor and horrid on another.
You have lots of great info for people and its all well organized.
Your prices seem reasonable to me, I always compare mine to the other homes for rent in my area and it seems to be working. :D