The Olive Press newspaper

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
mon269

The Olive Press newspaper

Post by mon269 »

I was cold called today by this person from “the olive press� newspaper. It’s an English language newspaper for the province of Granada. 30.000 copies a month freely distributed to the whole province and it’s also downloadable from their web site.

Their price, €95, is reasonable for an advert for a whole year if it works.

Has anyone heard of them and have any references? I hate to ask this, but, do they really exist? My doubt is that if the newspaper is printed in English and distributed in Granada, surely the readers either live in Granada or have a holiday house in Granada :roll: . Who’s going to read my advert and rent my place?
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi Mon,
My doubt is that if the newspaper is printed in English and distributed in Granada, surely the readers either live in Granada or have a holiday house in Granada . Who’s going to read my advert and rent my place?
I think you've said it all.

Why not ask for a few back dated copies and see what it's all about? Then you can make your mind up.

I wouldn't place an add in my local Cyprus Mail.

Ruth
Mary R

The Olive Press

Post by Mary R »

Hi

Our sharp eyed editor spotted this thread on your forum so we wanted to write to clarify about ourselves and our Select Places to Stay offer.

Well, the good news is that The Olive Press does exist, in fact we are about to celebrate our first anniversary and we have also had a Malaga version since November 2006. All our back copies can be seen on our website theolivepress.es .

The offer that Mon refers to is not really for newspaper advertising but for a package we are offering in conjunction with our website directory. We have the unique advantage over other directory sites in that we produce a newspaper as well. The offer is a 12 month listing on the directory and a one off insertion in the newspaper. The latter is a means of advertising the former and giving extra interest.

As for not advertising in the area you have your property because people already have their homes, from my personal experience I don't find this to be the case. I have lived here many years and still like to visit other parts of the province and Andalucia. Plus let's not forget this offer is for internet advertising as well.

I hope this is of help and please get in touch or reply if you want any more information.
Adam Apple

Post by Adam Apple »

It's a great newspaper, but they are not too hot on answering their emails. And it is a job to find copies on the Costa del Sol.