Villarama

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Paul Carmel

Villarama

Post by Paul Carmel »

Hi,

Anyone use villarama.com? good? bad? so so?
Cheers
PC
paolo

Post by paolo »

Paul,

Villarama was my first site, and I have held on to them largely for that reason. Design-wise, it looks a little like holiday-rentals.com. One problem I have with it is that you do a search on France and you get all results for France. You can get down to department level, but it is not obvious how to do it, and then I believe you can't narrow it down with number of bedrooms.

I get a small number of enquiries from them. I can't say how well they would perform for your location.

So somewhere between so-so and good, but nearer so-so, for me.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Thank's Paolo,

Think I will give it a miss then. I can't work out if its a good thing or bad thing when they have no other rentals in your area..........Do you stand out because you are the only one? or is it money after bad because no one is going to find you.
Cheers
PC
paolo

Post by paolo »

I wouldn't want to be the only one - that would indicate the site is not focusing on my area and unlikely to be doing well on a search engine for that area.

I like to be one of several, or better still, one of many but on a site where I can keep myself at the top of the pile by updating my availability calendar.

Being on the island of Corsica I would think makes it easier to find the best listing sites to use. There are probably sites exclusively for Corsica which do rather well on Google, compared to the big players.

And your enquiries will be highly 'pre-selected': you will presumably only get enquiries from people who definitely want to come to Corsica. Enquiries for Provence might also be interested in the Var, Cote d'Azur, Languedoc, Roussillon, Drome, Alpes, etc. But Corsica is not a hop in the car for an hour, it's a completely different booking process.

Is that a good or bad thing? A bit of both I think...
Paolo
Lay My Hat