How to screen grab and paste into Gmail?

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Mountain Goat

How to screen grab and paste into Gmail?

Post by Mountain Goat »

I know I'm being dumb here, but using PC, Firefox 2 and/or IE6 can't Copy Paste (Ctl+V) a screen grab using either PrtSc or Screen Grab Pro (bit of freeware), into an email message.

Anyone got another way of sending screen grabs in an email? I don't want to use an attachment.

Thanks.
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

OK no techie and not even sure i know what you are talking about. :lol: But does it having anything to do with the plain text and the rich formatting. If i copy and paste into one of my emails i have to change the format to allow this.

Sorry if this has nothing to do with your question :lol:
Nessie
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Nessie, thanks

That's exactly what I was told to do by one or two passing techies, and was the first point of call - you're dead right.

But, no - it doesn't help! I can paste into Word and send as attachments, but that's clumsy for me, and worse for the recipient.

MG
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

MG,

You don't say which e-mail system you are using.

Copy & Paste works seamlessly in Outlook but it can be a pain in things like G-Mail.

What's wrong with attachments anyway? I find them simple, straightforward and easy to use, both as a sender and as a receiver.

Fluffy
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Fluffy, using Gmail

I receive plenty of screen grabs OK, so assume must be able to send. Yes, I'll have to use attachments I suppose, just a bit of a pain titivating them before I send.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Mountain Goat wrote:Fluffy, using Gmail

I receive plenty of screen grabs OK, so assume must be able to send. Yes, I'll have to use attachments I suppose, just a bit of a pain titivating them before I send.
I've tried it in G-Mail and it appears not to like it, not at all. Plain text? Yes. Images? No. Look out attachments, here we come.

Fluffy