Review site please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

thanks very much guys, couldn't have done it without you, think i have it sorted now so it's back to the drawing board on the other things now, now where's that scotch..............??
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Let's see... According to the screen emulation tool I found recently, this is what your new page looks like at 800x600:

And this is what it looks like at 1024x768:

Actually, since your tables are now done as relative (using percent) widths, they look fine to me!
Brooke
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Ah, wonderful... looks like I'm about 5 minutes behind the curve on this thread. :) Glad you've gotten it all settled!
Brooke
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

I just wanted to say what great members belong to this site. It is so nice to see how much every one helps each other out. It is perfectly obvious to me that rental owners are some of the nicest people in the world....

Apologies for soppyiness....
Always Learning
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I'll go with soppiness as well Hanorah, couldn't do all this without you all!
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

no housework done, no ironing, no washing no dusting BUT have been working on my website!!

if anyone has the time, take a look again??

www.spainrentalsite.com

gracias!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Hi, I love the site, well done. One question - when can I stay!! :)

I think the only thing I can think of is the photos on the sides - I wasn't sure if they were hyperlinks then discovered they are thumbnails. When you click on them though they don't really open up much larger. Not sure if it's actually worth having them as thumbnails at all or just okay how they stand as small graphics?

Only other tiny tiny point (I'm not being picky honest!) is all of your test is right aligned but your last sentence
If you would like to know more or want to make a booking, please let us know. We'll get back to you as quickly as possible (usually within 24 hours
with the email link on the bottom of each page is centred. May flow a bit better if that is right aligned and just the email link kept centre?

Again, excellent work.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Brilliant -- I especially like the photos page. That sunset is beautiful!

What Sue says is true -- I'd love to see larger versions of the pictures when I click on them.

Sorry to suggest even *more* work... I definitely know what it's like to put off all the standard household things in favor of improving one's website! :)
Brooke
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

thanks for comments!! re the photos above can anyone tell me why on some of them, even though I am puttting the link to the larger photo and can see that it works ok when I press F12, when I upload and try the photo reverts to the home page?? Just happens on a few!!
HolidayWebs

Post by HolidayWebs »

Which ones do that? The only problem I can see is that this one http://www.spainrentalsite.com/images6.jpg is tiny. (torrevieja harbour) on photos page.
Visit http://www.puertopollensa.com ... you'll love it!
The most beautiful resort in Mallorca.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

thanks holiday webs but think I have sorted it now, not sure how or why but seems to work (except for that one you said, thats cos its already small so think I will probably take the link off!)
paolo

Post by paolo »

Meishka,

Congratulations - for a beginner you have done a great job of this site. And well done to those who have given such in-depth help too.

I would just say two things:

- the first words of each caption on your homepage are tucked behind the pictures. Are you seeing this?

- in that big white space below your pool banner at the top, I would put some text that explains what this site is.

The visual clues are there (except there are no pics of the property on the homepage), and if you read the text you will find out, but it is a bit like a newspaper that you can see is 'The Times', but it doesn't have 'The Times' across the top. Even something as simple as 'Torrevieja holiday apartment' is better than nothing.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Thanks Paolo for taking the time to review! I am not seeing what you are seeing re first words of each caption are behind the pictures? Also I have a banner saying 'fabulous south facing property etc saying what the site is, would I not be duplicating if I had another banner below the pool? What do you think? And do you think I should have a photo of the apartment on the home page,I did think about it but wanted to try and draw people into wanting to click on 'Our Duplex',

On another note I just can't seem to get notified when a reply is posted, is it just me?? :lol:
paolo

Post by paolo »

Hi Meishka,

I think that banner, because it looks like a design element that is breaking up the page, is probably the last thing that a visitor would read, whereas you would like it to be the first. I'd put that text at the beginning of the paragraph beneath it.

If you do add a heading along the lines of 'Torrevieja holiday rental', it is going to jar with the text you already have at the top: 'Casa de Sueños, Urb Jardin Del Mar, Torrevieja, Spain'

You could merge them:
''Casa de Sueños - holiday rental in sunny Torrevieja"

This is how I am seeing your homepage pics, in both 1024 and 800 wide displays, using Internet Explorer as a browser. Using Netscape or Firefox as a browser they look normal:

Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Wow, you mean the page displays properly in Firefox and Netscape but not in IE?

That's a first for me! :)
Brooke