6 month old baby coming

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Bellywobble

6 month old baby coming

Post by Bellywobble »

We don't often have children in the apartment, but when we do I like to leave something appropriate for them. I know some of you do too.

I've bought in a bucket and spade set for a three year old who is coming, but I'm a bit stumped regarding a six month old baby. It's a long time since I had mine! Any ideas?
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi Bellywobble,

What a nice touch.

At six months they are still at that chewing and mouthing stage. I would think a little toy from mothercare, if you have one? would be fine.

Ruth
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

........... or a bib to stop it drooling all over your settee :wink:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Ju will know best as her baby must be a little over that age at the moment! I seem to remember that they like pushing buttons on things to make different noises.
Ju

Post by Ju »

Something to chew! It is just the age they start to get their first teeth so they chew anything. You can get teething rings which look like toy keys, they rattle and you can chew them. They are not expensive and you should be able to pick something up at the supermarket.

My little one is now seven and a half months, and I think she will be crawling very soon - oh help!
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Thanks for the ideas :)

I'm hoping he won't have started crawling! It's so nice when you put them down and they stay put!

At least he should be past that sit down and fall over backwards stage (tiled floors)!

I'm quite looking forward to it :)
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

My first was crawling at 5 months, but that is unusual. As you say he should be able to sit without doing that really entertaining thing of wobbling over to one side. (used to keep me amused for hours).

6 months is a good age to take a baby on holiday, then you shouldn't take them again for another few years, unless you don't like sitting down!! :lol: :wink:

Ruth
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

How about a cage?

Mols
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

BW...Mercadona do nice little baby rattles/teethers at reasonable prices too! I buy them as a little pressie for our little guests. I normally leave it on the high chair tray for them.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

BagPuss wrote:BW...Mercadona do nice little baby rattles/teethers at reasonable prices too! I buy them as a little pressie for our little guests. I normally leave it on the high chair tray for them.
Hi Pussie - you always talk sense - let me ask you, we have a 7 month old staying in about 10 days time - do you find it pays dividends in terms of parental appreciation to leave a small gift of that type?

If so I'll try and organise something similar.

Ta

moliere
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
A-two

Post by A-two »

Moliere wrote:How about a cage?

Mols
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ju

Post by Ju »

Bellywobble wrote:T
At least he should be past that sit down and fall over backwards stage (tiled floors)!
Sorry to disappoint you, but my LO is still falling over backwards fairly regularly (about once every five minutes!)
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Mols said
....do you find it pays dividends in terms of parental appreciation to leave a small gift of that type?
I think so Mols...those sort of things don't cost alot and it's just the little ''thoughtful extras' that can be the deciding factor to make them want to book again! :wink:
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

For a six month old: A colourful mobile hanging on the cot. Perhaps even one that says something about the area ?
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

that's a good one richard, you could have castenets and fans, I could have olives and miniature bottles of ouzo. :lol:

How about a nice sun hat for the baby? I'm sure mum and dad would appreciate it, not sure about baby? :)

Ruth