I don't like this!!!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Paul Carmel

I don't like this!!!

Post by Paul Carmel »

Sleet is falling!! when we moved to the Med I did not expect to see this! Not at sea level..........sorry but I want my money back!
Cheers
PC
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Awwww!

It was -1 last night in Northumberland (prob lower during the night) and a bit of sleet but coming back to Newcastle we've got a couple of inches of snow. We hardy Geordies are used to it though! Where's my global warming?? :)
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Yes but I am a southern poof!
Cheers
PC
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

If I were you I would just sit back and laugh at all us poor sods who have to go through this regularly, every winter. You can stare out at the window at the sleet and say, "how strange... well, it'll be gone soon enough."

(That's what I used to do in San Diego during the rare rainstorms... just curl up with a hot chocolate and giggle at the poor souls who think rain is nothing special, because it rains all the time where they live.)
Brooke
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Yes but I am a southern poof!

I still saw some guys out with just tshirts and no coats on yesterday in Alnwick!! It must be cold today, my husband put a tshirt under his Newcastle United top to go to the match earlier, no gloves or scarf though, even though the wet sleet was lashing down and he'd have to sit out in that for a couple of hours... Geordie guys, huh! :)

As Brooke says, I'm sure normal service will be resumed for you shortly and you can laugh at us freezing again...
paolo

Post by paolo »

I took the children out for a walk this afternoon, and after 20 minutes I had frostbitten fingers. This is in the south of England and I am of Paul's persuasion - Geordies are a mystery to me. I understand that in Newcastle dozens of healthy young men expire every week in winter, and all because they haven't yet invented the shirt, jumper or coat up there.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

all because they haven't yet invented the shirt, jumper or coat up there.
You should see the women too.. most of them out on the town even in this weather will not have a coat, bare arms. My husband saw a girl one day and he said, "Sue, I though she had blue stockings on but I realised she was just cold"....

Apparently I'm not a real Geordie as I wear stupid things like coats and a scarf... the ski longjohns are coming out for work tomorrow!!