Double booking nightmare!!!!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
annedab

Double booking nightmare!!!!

Post by annedab »

We have managed to double book a week in July :( (don't ask!) and have offered to try and find a suitable alternative for one of the parties. Can anyone help us out please???

We have an eight bedroomed house in Normandy - you can see our website via the link - We need an alternative for a booking for 1 week (21 - 28 July 2007). There are 11 people (two couples and an assortment of children from 4 - 17 years).

Any suggestions gratefully received - even if you can't help, can someone reassure me that we are not the only people who have ever managed to do this :cry:

Many, many thanks in advance, even if we only find out that it's not just us! :cry:
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Sorry, cannot help Ann, but I can assure you that you are not alone. I've got that T shirt as well, and fortunately extricated myself exactly the way you are doing now.... good luck !
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

My worst nightmare, and it hasn't happened to me yet, but I am so worried that I may do this one day. My sympathies go out to you.

Now, how to find somewhere else? I would do a search by date on all the listing sites, including gites de france - you may still be lucky, even though it is for high season. Also, it may be worth contacting the listing site owners too, they may know of new properties about to come on to their books, who haven't advertised yet. Also, post the same request on www.livingfrance.com and www.totalfrance.com forums - again, someone on there may be able to help.

Good luck!
annedab

Post by annedab »

Thanks. We have found a few possibles, so all is not lost........ just thought it was worth asking you guys as everyone is always so positive and friendly here.
Regards

Anne

The Moles Mother

Post by The Moles Mother »

Urgh,

I feel for you. I managed to double book a family of six. It's the first (and last) time I've ever done that! In my own defence the booking arrived the day I went into hospital to have major surgery so I was ever so slightly distracted at the time ...

Lovely people in a local hotel near us dug me out of a hole.

I hope you find a suitable solution for your problem.

MM
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Anne

Our worst fear, but have avoided it so far. Best of luck with finding a substitute.

John
annedab

Post by annedab »

Thanks everyone - I think we have sorted it now and without too much additional expense. Our renters are being very nice about it which helps. There are 14 of them - some arriving from the US and they are planning a 70th birthday party (the other party is 11!) - only consolation is that we realised now and not on the day they all arrived :oops:
Regards

Anne

la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Well done on getting it sorted Anne - I haven't done it yet (touch wood) but it is everyone's worst nightmare - especially in July/August!