Help me to make a booking form with "grey fields"

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Carolina

Help me to make a booking form with "grey fields"

Post by Carolina »

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for any of you who can help me.
I want to make a booking form that I can email to clients, something where they can fill in the blanks - one of those with grey "blank fields" that you can just tab through. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and how I can do this?!

Thanks!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Carolina, hi, welcome to LMH

Do you actually want to have the form in the body of the email? Many spam filters and email programs will have a problem with this. Even if they do let it through, and it's visible at their end, by the time it comes back to you, through their filters and yours, you may not have very readable data.

Why not a contact/email form on your website, and/or send them a booking form as an attachment?

MG
davey2187

Post by davey2187 »

Hi Carolina, I have used MS Access a long time ago to create the type of form your after, it can be done but I cant remember how, you could then send this as an attachment as long as the guests have MS Access
linda147

Post by linda147 »

what you are looking for is the forms fields in Microsoft Word. You can do this by showing the Forms toolbar and then you can insert the type of field you want. It is a bit fiddly though. You are probably better to just create a booking form which they can just type or write in. If you want people to sign it they would probably return it by post anyway. Otherwise they would have to turn it into a PDF file to return it to you with a signature.
Hope this helps.