Please take the time to review other people's sites

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I agree, I don't think there should be a minimum number of posts. A website review only takes a few minutes of my time, and I often learn a thing or two about alternate ways to do something on the web. I find that very valuable. I don't mind if not everyone becomes a full-time member; although I do put more time and effort into a review for someone I know from other postings.

Cheers!
Brooke
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Put yourself in the shoes of a new member who has requested a site review. If the majority of us decide not to review, or only review briefly, then this new member will think that we are not friendly people. Well, he will think this if there are no guidelines or rules saying that people will be reluctant to review unless you give something back.

I am still in favour of having a minimum posting (even 5 posts should be easy for people to do) and post a rule so that everybody knows where they stand instead of just waiting and hoping that somebody will reply to their request?
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
Billywiz

Post by Billywiz »

Hi everyone, I have asked for a review of my website in the approprite thread and I have had some very constructive feedback so far. I did look at other websites to review myself but as someone has already said I don't feel that I can add anything to what was said already, besides most of the original posts are quite old now in forum terms. I am sure that as I have only joined a short while ago I will be giving some input back on any new sites that are put up for review in the future and hopefully discussing other topics as well. As a newbie it is difficult to get the feel of a forum in the first few days and I usually wait for a week or more to get the general feelings of the members before joining in. I am a member of a few forums and believe me some can be quite vitriolic to new members. I am sure that in the near future I will have a lot more to give back.
omar

Post by omar »

Hola everyone!

I'm new to the forum, you are absolutely right about giving feedback if you expect to get reviews on your own site.

Omar
http://www.orlandovacationrentals411.com

Orlando Florida Pet Friendly Rentals