1 Day Double-Booking Panic!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
kittybuck

1 Day Double-Booking Panic!

Post by kittybuck »

I am handling the bookings & changeovers for some acquaintances home as well as my own property. They made a booking before I agreed to help them - and I subsequently filled up their calendar with guests. I just got in touch with the guests that they'd previously booked - and they said that I've got the wrong dates - off by one day. Meaning that this family of four will be still be in the villa when a woman with child and elderly mother arrive for their stay!
:shock:
I'm really at a loss! What should I do??
The guest that I booked has already been a pain in the behind - with tons of emails, complaining over security deposit, etc. - she's only paid a deposit so far - but I really don't want to have to cancel her booking. She's also coming all the way from the US to Greece.
Aaargh!
Any suggestions greatly appreciated...
I need to do some quick damage control!

P.S. The double booked day will be in the 1st week of August, so I still have some time to figure something out.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Welcome!

I would explain exactly what has happened, and offer to put one party up in a hotel for the night.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

OMG not fun! This is probably worse than me telling our guests that we no longer have a pool, just a building site!

I would try to find alternative accommodation for the overlap. A choice of 2 or 3 if possible. Then contact the guests concerned, explain, apologise, grovel, offer a discount if possible, cross fingers and have a large glass of wine and a bar of chocolate!
If they decide to cancel, you still have time to re book.

If the mistake was yours, learn from it and put it down to experience (you won't make the same mistake again!), if it was down to your friends....tell them they owe you a crate of good wine for sorting it out!

You certainly have my sympathy and best wishes. Good luck.
Marks

Post by Marks »

If the other owner gave you the wrong dates and you took a booking in good faith that clashes with their error, then I would put the ball firmly back in their court for them to deal with their guests. If it's not your fault then you should not be the one who has to take the flak. However if it is your error then previous suggestions are valid, the tough bit will be deciding which guests get the bad news.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Welcome Kittybuck...

This is a nightmare....

I agree with all the other suggestions....

Let us know how it pans out...