Terrazas de la Torre

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.

Would this site keep people interested enough to book

Yes
33%
Maybe
27%
Not at all
40%

Total votes: 15

Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

Hi

Just had a quick look, lots of info on the site. I know how difficult it can be doing a website when the property isn't actually built!!

I find the text far too small. Also, the picture box (on front page) just doesn't sit right, it seems to be overlapping the plan and therefore looks to me likes it's been plonked there!

I think I would like to see more real photos of the area. When I clicked on the apartment button, I expected to see more detail of the apartment, maybe what's in the kitchen etc. I know you most probably haven't bought it yet,so a tad difficult to write about it!!

Having to close each window to go back got on my nerves a bit.

HTH & Good luck

Mx
Billywiz

Post by Billywiz »

Foxandsot,thank you for your observations. I have now updated the site to reflect most of the suggestions put forward by forum members and I must agree it does look sharper and more user friendly.
Foxandsot, at the moment the ground is just being cleared for the development so there are no photos of anything only artist impressions and virtual video footage. As the site is upgraded then I shall upload the latest photos etc but this website is primarily an information website that in 2yrs when the development is finished I will have had lots of visitors who may remember the website and book and also it should be well ranked by Google etc. Thank you all for your time looking at the website and I am sure I have missed something so if you think more improvements can be made let me know.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Billywiz

That's a fantastic improvement!

You've still got Buenos D?as on the home page (Firefox 1.5 this end).

MG
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Really like that home page, esp now, so I hope you'll keep the drawings (even if it's simply for a banner of some kind, that repeats on subsequent pages) and the present look when the development has been completed and you're adding your own photos.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Billywiz

Post by Billywiz »

Hello Mountain Goat, yes I decided to leave that greeting in Spanish on the first page. Depending on the time of day you will either see Buenos Días (good morning) or Buenos Tardes (good afternoon/evening). Thank you for your compliment, I appreciate your input.
Gascony Goat, I intend to apply to Polaris World to ask if I can have that image as my logo, if not then I will place something similar in it's place.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I'm impressed.

You've really taken on board some harsh criticism but improved the site as a result.

Another little thing:
In your contact form, you have "Year" as 4 radio buttons. Why not use drop down ? Actually, you probably want drop downs for each of start/end dates.

I want to book from 25th december 2008 to 6th Jan 2009 :wink:
Angel

Post by Angel »

Hi Billywiz

Looking better... now you need to address the navigaton. Your links don't look like links and you need to repeat it on every page. (And never underline words that aren't links eg Terrace area on the Apartment page.)

And also white space. The paragraph on the home page is too long - chop it up.

HTH

ps Are you in Brum? We're in Hall Green
Billywiz

Post by Billywiz »

Hi everyone, I have made the latest updates to the site and I must say that with all your input the site does look very much improved. It's amazing how blinkered you can get when you make a website, you add this or take that away and look at it and think---- yeah that looks great, until you get feedback from the people that matter --- the visitors, so thanks all.

Angel, I certainly am from Birmingham, how did you guess ? does the accent come out on the site :D
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

you will either see Buenos Días (good morning) or Buenos Tardes (good afternoon/evening)

Billywiz

I think it's Buenas Tardes...

MG
Billywiz

Post by Billywiz »

Mountain Goat, thank you for spotting that, now updated.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

You've got a lot of useful info on the apartment under Availability and Booking - maybe shift this to the Apartment page?

Apostrophe required in Today's Exchange Rate heading?

Surface area quoted as 1.555.129m2 of space - not sure if volume or area. If area perhaps 155m2? And that decimal 0.009 is a bit small - maybe the pointed end of a pencil? 8)

MG
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

MG,

They are both measurements of “space� of one sort and another but volume is m³ and area is m².

I guess that, as a development, Las Terrazas de La Torre offers something over one and half million square metres of land area but I do wonder what that’s got to do with the habitable area of a holiday apartment on a golf complex. As a potential visitor I’d much rather know how much or how little habitable space the apartment offers. I’m sure it will be a very nice property but in reality it is a small apartment on a Polaris World development; we’ve all seen them advertised on TV “starting from only £80,000�. What’s the betting it’s not a lot more than maybe 50/60 m² of internal habitable space?

Fluffy
Billywiz

Post by Billywiz »

The size of the development is important as it reflects the size of the golf course and this is the market I am aiming for, to the prognastic golfer, the bigger the better ! who wants to play on a 9 hole 3par course ?

Mountain Goat, I keep these links seperate as I design my pages for 800x600 and to put the availability link on a page would cause a vertical scroll and I do try to stop this from happening.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Billywiz wrote:The size of the development is important as it reflects the size of the golf course and this is the market I am aiming for, to the prognastic golfer, the bigger the better ! who wants to play on a 9 hole 3par course ?
As one who used to be a scratch handicap golfer I will not argue about the area required for a "good" golf course. Its like “never mind the quality, feel the width� but you're talking about the size of a development which includes a golf course and you're trying to relate that to the size of your apartment.

Can you explain something to me; what is a “prognastic� golfer? I understand that being “prognostic� is to have the ability to see what might happen in the future but what does being “prognastic� mean? Does it mean that some golfers might be blessed with the ability to look forward two years, to the time when your development is somewhere near being finished?

Let’s not argue about the size of the development or how expansive the golf course might be. How many square metres of habitable space are included in your apartment?

Fluffy
Angel

Post by Angel »

Hi Billy

(Your phone number gave Brum away!)

Looking even better. Have you nothing better to do on this lovely sunny day? :lol:

Page titles need some work and I suggest a page about the area. Include a Google Earth KMZ file? And a link to Google Maps?

TTFN