kevin Howe

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Hells Bells

kevin Howe

Post by Hells Bells »

Another scammer. He attempted to book my sisters apartment for a month in April. The cheque didn't arrive, and they accepted another booking. A cheque arrived in May,for 4000 euros, so she emailed him to say that they were returning the cheque, as he no longer had a booking with them, as April had long passed. He then persistently phoned my sister insisting she return the extra money, and that he would book for another time. Despite his harrassment the police weren't interested. Apparently the email was articulate, and so was the guy on the phone, no indication from it of anything untoward, no grammar errors, or visiting clergy.
Alan Knighting

Re: kevin Howe

Post by Alan Knighting »

HelenB wrote:Another scammer. He attempted to book my sisters apartment for a month in April. The cheque didn't arrive, and they accepted another booking. A cheque arrived in May,for 4000 euros, so she emailed him to say that they were returning the cheque, as he no longer had a booking with them, as April had long passed. He then persistently phoned my sister insisting she return the extra money, and that he would book for another time. Despite his harrassment the police weren't interested. Apparently the email was articulate, and so was the guy on the phone, no indication from it of anything untoward, no grammar errors, or visiting clergy.
These people should be totally ignore for what they are. Throw the cheque away, it's not real. There's no "extra" money, there's no money at all. It's all BS.

Fluffy
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I know Alan, and that is exactly what she did. I am posting this because this time it was not immediately obvious as a scam, and appeared to be a genuine booking for someone wanting a golf holiday in the Algarve. If the cheque had arrived earlier, they would still have spotted the scam, and destroyed the cheque. It is the harrassment that concerns me most.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Helen what a shame..

Your sister seems to be getting a lot of grief with her rentals good job your on hand to help.. :wink:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

HelenB wrote:I know Alan, and that is exactly what she did. I am posting this because this time it was not immediately obvious as a scam, and appeared to be a genuine booking for someone wanting a golf holiday in the Algarve. If the cheque had arrived earlier, they would still have spotted the scam, and destroyed the cheque. It is the harrassment that concerns me most.
The scammers are definitely getting better with their command of the English language but their agenda is not, it remains the same.

Fluffy