My first attempt at a website! Would love your feedback...

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi GF..

I like the blue, dont mind the lilac,
hate the beigish one....
enid

Post by enid »

I did say I would post again re your site but all points seemed to have been covered so glad of anotherchance to help your thinking process :) It's definitely the blue for me - it goes with the titleof Romantic Montmartre and is much easier to readthetextagainst it. I too hate the lightbrown one.

I like the site a lot - the pictures and text tell a story and I can imagine myself in the apartment either with friends or just the two of us. We have no immediate plans to visit Paris but your apartment is a front runner for our next visit :)
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

I prefer the facilities page background blue to the Montmartre background colour, which seems a little dreary to me, but then I liked the original semi Wedgewood blue colour, which I found romantic and classical - so I guess everything is in the eye of the beholder !
A lovely site, good luck.
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Hi Elaine

I really like your site, I am looking at it on a Mac using Safari and it looks fine except for one small thing, on the Montmartre page the first photo on the right goes over the top of some words I think it says "the Moulin Rouge and the cafe" that are behind the photo. I also noticed a couple of places where you had two full stops, I think once on the Montmartre page and once on the home page.

I love the 'artistic' photos on the booking page.

Carole :)
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Thank you all for your advice re the background colours. It seems to be very much a question of taste! I have abandoned the Montmartre dull grey/blue whatever colour - esp as everyone seemed to see it differently!!

I think I'll stick with the original blue for now - at least until new inspiration hits me or I revamp the site :lol: . Apologies to those who didn't like it - I simply can't find an alternative that works with my strapline/title pic and changing all that is just too much for me for now!! That said, I'm playing with background colours in my new travelinks page so that may prompt inspiration.

Carole, thanks for the tip re the photo bleed - I think I've fixed that. If anyone else sees any formatting glitches in other browsers, I'd love to hear about it.

Still working on extra pages and tweaking the existing ones. Thank you all for your help! It has been very useful.
Lounging on the lily pad...
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Don't worry about it Elaine, I was one of those that wasn't keen on the original colour but when I saw the other two options I definitely preferred the original, so yeh, stick with it :wink:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Thanks, Partridge!

I can't believe how addictive this site-building thing has become! I spend far too much time tweaking things. But oh, what fun!

It even came up on the first page of a keyword search today! Of course, I'm still completely useless at the whole SEO thing and Paris rental apartments are a dime a dozen so competition is fierce online. Note to self, read up on SEO for dummies! :lol:
boberry

Post by boberry »

Hi can I just say, I love the blue!
I especially like the idea of The travel links-other places to move on to-I think this would appeal especially to non EU travellers-perhaps some US citizens doing the grand tour. Best Wishes
home is where you lay your @
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Thank you!
I was just looking at your site on your thread! Will comment there...

If you like the travel links idea and want to do a link exchange between our sites, just let me know! There's always room for more...