LED Candles

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Bunny

LED Candles

Post by Bunny »

Hi all, I want to order some LED wax candles for Xmas for the cottage. There appears to be two types - ones with black wicks and ones with a flame shaped bulb. I've never seen any on, so please can anyone tell me which look the most realistic when turned on? The ones with wicks certainly seem to look more real when they are turned off. :? Thanks....
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

I bought some (relatively inexpensive ones) from Amazon, in part as a safer alternative to real candles during power cuts.
I saw them in use in a French restaurant acouple of weeks ago, and again at the British Museum on Tuesday.
12 for £29.99: white flame-shaped bulbs, plastic holders, but you really wouldn't know. They give out a good amount of light (I put them on the staircase, and it was well illuminated) and have done over 12h on one charge. They look quite realistic, too, with a fair flicker.
I'll probably buy some more, as I'm quite impressed so far.
peyre blanque

Post by peyre blanque »

SJ
We have Phillips rechargeable candles in our place as we wanted to avoid the fire risk www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Imageo-Recharg ... e+candles

They keep going all through he night if fully charged...

Ross
Jools

Post by Jools »

We have some black type wick candles which we buy from Costo....they are not always on sale , so stock up on a couple of packs when they are. They are fabulous, smell of Vanilla when lit, ok, you have to change the batteries every now and then, but in my opinion they cannot be beaten.
They are also remote control, so the children love them (Harry Potter) and all that! We have ours in situ all year, and our guests love them.
Jools
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Zingara wrote:I bought some (relatively inexpensive ones) from Amazon, in part as a safer alternative to real candles during power cuts.
Any chance of a link, Zingara? I'm looking for some that I can recharge but all the ones I like seem to use CR2032 batteries, which can't be recharged. So no good for me.
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

I'm not very good at this link lark:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008VLTJYI/r ... 31_TE_dp_1
Hope that works...
Otherwise, via Amazon UK: WoneNice, set of 12.

The quality may be reflected in the price, but they don't seem too different from others I've seen / picked up....and as they're unlikely to be handled too frequently, does it matter? At this price, once I've used them a few times, they're cheaper than standard candles.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Thanks Zingara - they look good.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

These are cheaper and can be delivered to France though the holders dont look as nice

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rechargeable-Ba ... K19V33MD9F
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Thanks for all the replies. I didn't even realise you could get rechargeable ones. These seem like a good option as I can't imagine batteries would last long. The links to rechargeable ones all appear to be tealights in holders. I was really looking for more of a church like dripping candle but can't find any rechargeable ones. I'll keep looking but I think rechargeable is the way to go, so thanks all for the tip. :D
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

I have some with the flame shaped bulb from IKEA.
Guess you can use rechargeable batteries in them ..
anth006

Post by anth006 »

rosebud wrote:I have some with the flame shaped bulb from IKEA.
Guess you can use rechargeable batteries in them ..
Thats a good idea. It would be easy to change the batteries at changeover. These ones use AA batteries so easily available:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Church-Battery- ... ch+candles
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Someone tried to light my artificial candle (with the wick) last year!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

sue dyer wrote:Someone tried to light my artificial candle (with the wick) last year!
That's what worried me slightly; they look so realistic! :roll:

I opted for rechargeable ones in the end on that basis that even ones which take rechargeable AA batteries only last about 10 hours on a full charge, so if someone is in for a week they could easily flatten them in the first two evenings. And then they could mistakenly throw away my rechargeable batteries! You have to assume the worst.... :lol:
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Someone lit two of ours when they had a flame shapes plastic end on them.. Melted both the flame bits completely off and I had to chuck them away! Honestly, that bit doesn't even look like a wick! they were nice too, vanilla scented...
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Nightowl wrote:Someone lit two of ours when they had a flame shapes plastic end on them.. Melted both the flame bits completely off and I had to chuck them away! Honestly, that bit doesn't even look like a wick! they were nice too, vanilla scented...
:o :shock: Like I said, assume the worst, nothing much surprises me anymore in this game....