Washing machine kaput!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

All this talk of faulty appliances has made me check out who I should contact,as all the appliances were provided by the developer.They all had a 2 year guarantee which will expire in December
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi Helen,

Ours were supplied by the developer too. No problems so far (over 4 years) but they will probably start to break down one by one now.

Best to source a good reliable engineer now Helen, just in case.

Ruth
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

spins the washing almost dry
:roll:
sowwy Kip but maybe you were tempting fate [you know what a weird weeks its been for that sorta milarky]...so watch whatyasay :wink:
Seriously though...hope it gets fixed :wink: ....
and my washing machine door HASNT been broke in three weeks that must be a rec.....[OHH BUXXER :!: :!: :oops: ]
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi Sis, You are right, isn't it always the way, that's prob. why it's busted cos it worked so hard. :lol:

I've spent most of the day trying to find a replacement fridge door shelf that my 'girls' told me has broken, the one that holds the bottles, very useful.

It's a Bosch Fridge so you would think it should be easy...Wrong!!!

The model no.s in Cyprus are not the same as in the uk. I think they import them from Italy. I've been on the Italian Bosch site. Found the exact model but everything is... you've guessed it...in Italian. :shock:

Why am I wasting my 'day of rest' looking through websites that I can't even read?

Given up now, and started on a bottle of Cyprus brandy that my Mum found in the back of her cupboard yesterday. I don't think it will last long!! :lol:

Ruth
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Given up now, and started on a bottle of Cyprus brandy that my Mum found in the back of her cupboard yesterday. I don't think it will last long!!
Even less long if it had been in the fridge door in Cyprus :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:

The first time we rented the Houses the Glass plate that fits in the Microwave was broken
couldnt find one anywhere so bought another one Microwave [same model] so the extra Micro has been under the stairs ever since and youve guessed it never been needed :roll: ...so all you need to do is buy spares for everything in the house and keep it under the satirs ready and it wont be needed[simple :wink: ]
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Trouble is Ros, the bl***y Washing machine is installed under the stairs..no room for anything else. :cry:

Ruth
alifrank1

Re: Continuing saga....

Post by alifrank1 »

Kipz wrote:Spoke to 'our girls' today during changeover, everything ok apart from a note left by the latest guests to say the washing machine is still not spinning properly.
Poor Ruth, well I'm presuming it's really hot there so the washing should still dry. Maybe that's why your other guests weren't that bothered by it not working properly? Hope it gets sorted soon
Alison
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

45 degrees there today, having a heatwave Alison, so at least they can't moan about the weather, or perhaps they can!!

Ruth
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

It goes on and on... (not Ariston)

New guests with the baby are not at all happy, (she is very understanding, he is kicking up a fuss :? )

Told my girls on Monday that he has paid for a villa with a washing machine and that is what he expects. They offered to collect his washing, do it themselves and drop it back to him, he was having none of it, they suggested the launderette a minutes walk away, offered to reimburse the costs. He was having none of it.

The engineer is going again Tomoz (Wednesday). fingers crossed he will fix it.

Then, this morning the girls get a call to say, There is a bat in the bedroom, get down here and get rid of it. Girls turn up, he shouts at them to say this should have been checked during changeover, 'my baby is sleeping in this room, I don't expect to find animals in it!'

The girls managed to get rid of the bat, clinging to the inside of the curtains. They then returned with a couple of bottles, apologised profusely and have left him a bit happier.

My girls have said that they have a spare washing machine at home and will get it installed while mine is being repaired. I think this is beyond the call of duty. I am willing to sort him out with monetary compensation if he comes home and moans about it. Which I fully expect him to do. :cry: This is the guy I posted about last week who booked within a week, I worked hard to get payment sorted and send keys. I wish I hadn't bothered now!!! :cry:

Ruth
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I would be very please if someone was taking away my laundry, and bringing it back clean, rather than having to do it myself on my holidays. Sounds like he is just being awkward. The poor bat must have been terrified.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Kipz - I've had people like that - whatever you do it's not enough, they are professional compensation-seekers.

Just stand firm, be reasonable, point out that you're doing your best to sort out their problems (list the offers you've made, which they have rejected) and in the end tell them to get stuffed. One guy threatened us with court proceedings, copying his solicitor in on everything. We responded that this was the problem, this what we did, etc, and these were the costs we incurred trying to sort him out, etc. I think in the end his solicitor told him he didn't have a case because we had demonstrably tried to ameliorate the situation, and he dried up.

You need to be reasonable, but it sounds to me that you have done that and more - the guy is just trouble, and we all get them. So keep cool, let him rant - you're doing your best.

Keep up your courage!

Moliere
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Kip :)
Agree with the others hes being unreasonable...just keep your calm and dont let him Bully you..Bullies never prosper[or they shouldnt :wink: ]
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

You haven't done a thing wrong, things like this happen and any reasonable person would recognise this and appreciate the effort you are making to sort out the problem. He is obviously just a professional complainer. Either that, or he is feeling 'neglected' (read into that what you will) because of the new baby and has to let his frustrations out on something, you in this case!
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

I agree with the others, no way would I offer compensation if a suitable alternative was offered. As for the bat, well it could have got in at any time whilst the door was open so just ignore that.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Hi Ruth,

I had similar problems last week with my hob (new one installed and working now).

I have come to the conclusion that some people were just born lacking in the grace stakes, so try not to let anyone upset you. It sounds as though you have made every possible effort to accommodate your guests.

I suspect he's laying it on with a trowel in the hopes of getting something out of you...stand firm! (note: I wilted sadly in the heat and will be slinking round with a 100 euro note on Saturday, which OH thinks is totally uncalled for :roll:). Sometimes you can't win!

Rab