Washing machine kaput!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Helen said
I would be very pleased if someone was taking away my laundry, and bringing it back clean, rather than having to do it myself on my holidays.
Yeah...me too! You've offered a good solution which he refused....so it's his loss not to have accepted the kind offer from your cleaners (who have gone over and above their call of duty to please him!). As Party said..the bat could have come in at any time after they arrived.

We have had the odd Gecko (small lizards) enter the villa and there's nothing we can do about it. Guests have windows and doors open and little creatures see this as an invitation to enter! People have to understand it's all part and parcel of renting a property in foreign country! :roll:
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hopefully the final chapter, Thanks everyone for your support.

The engineer went today, when he got there the machine was full of washing, spinning happily. The guest said 'it's too wet when it finishes' The engineer waited for it to finish, tested the clothes and said 'that is about right for a 1000 spin speed machine' Doh!!! :shock:

Perhaps my lovely guest has a 1400 speed at home?? Lucky him.

I am still a bit confused cos I was always impressed with the dryness. Ho Hum? :lol:

Drama over I hope.

Ruth
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thats good Ruth just shows he was making a fuss over nothing :evil:
Helen said
People have to understand it's all part and parcel of renting a property in foreign country!
Your right of course :wink:
...we had a Bat in our bedroom at home a few years back[frightened the life out of me] Maybe I can sue my Hubby[who very bravely was hiding under the covers with me :roll: ] :wink: :lol:
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

I got really confused with my machine in Spain as I felt the washing was far too wet. Then realised that I needed to put it on a 'G' spin cycle at the end, so I leave the instruction manual for guests, if I can read it, so can they.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Mine has a ridiculous spin speed of 600 rpm. I spin things twice. Machine was supplied with the apartment and when i replace it I will get a higher spin speed.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Oh, and the manual is in Italian, even though we are in France. :roll:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Kipz wrote: The engineer waited for it to finish, tested the clothes and said 'that is about right for a 1000 spin speed machine' Doh!!! :shock:Ruth
Told you he was a d*ckhead! :lol:

Mols
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

YOu don't need high spin speeds in warmer climates.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Kipz wrote:
The engineer waited for it to finish, tested the clothes and said 'that is about right for a 1000 spin speed machine' Doh!!! :shock:Ruth

Told you he was a d*ckhead!

Mols
:shock:

I Take it you mean the Guest and not the Engineer Mols :roll: ..Its not easy to get repair men in yanow and Ruth doesnt want to offend him Im sure :wink: :lol: :lol:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

HelenB wrote:YOu don't need high spin speeds in warmer climates.
I think many people are now are used to at least 1200 spins, normally 13/1400. We have an 1000 spin and I've had a couple of comments that the washing was still sopping wet. It wasn't, it had spun, but it just seemed wet because they were use to a higher spin.
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

The Prologue,

Received an email from 'batman' (my nickname for him, does anyone else give their guests nicknames, perhaps another thread in Members only?) :
Just a note to let you know that we had a great time in your villa, the weather was wonderful and the pool refreshing. We will be sending the key back via recorded delivery in the next day or so.

We had to call your management out to clear out a bat that was residing in the upstairs twin room - our baby slept with it for one night!!
Also the washing machine was not working correctly, we used an hotel laundry - I think they are chasing that up, we left a note to remind them.
OK, nicer than I expected, I composed a reply apologising for the distress caused by the bat, and the faulty washing machine. I also offered £25 compensation for having to use the launderette.

Showed my draft email to Hubby, He was not pleased. said 'Why are we giving this *#%** our money when we and our management did everything we could to appease him?'

I read back through this thread and saw your post Mols:
Kipz - I've had people like that - whatever you do it's not enough, they are professional compensation-seekers.
I've decided now not to offer compensation, I've not sent this yet, but here is my reply:
So pleased you enjoyed your holiday.

Thanks for the feedback. I did speak to Dawn and Angela during last week, they told me about the bat. I have never know one to find it's way into the house before, we often watch them at night swooping over the pool. The girls have assured me that they will make a point of checking the curtains during changeovers in future. thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I apologise if it caused you any distress.

We had trouble with the washing machine the week before your arrival. An engineer serviced it and assured us it was fully functional. I understand Angela did offer to take your washing and return it to you, so I hope you can appreciate that we tried to do all we could to help in the circumstances.

Thank you for the prompt return of our key, I will refund the security deposit on receipt.
What do you think, does this sound ok. I want to come across as a caring owner but as hubby says 'why bother' in this instance, he won't appreciate it.

Ruth
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Ruth :) ..

Didnt the second engineer say there wasnt a problem after all..and wasnt Batmans wife using it when he arrived..... :?:
Im not sure about this Normally i would say £25 is great just to get rid of him but I think the sort of chap he seems to be will probably ask for more once you go along that track.......admitting fault...Have you heard from your girls what exactly was in the note..... :?:
What I will say is dont do any thing until you get your keys back..I know Crystal will back me up with this :roll:
Keep us posted Kip :wink:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

good point Ros - wait until the keys are back in your hands, then apologise for your late reply to to 'technical' difficulties :lol:

Actually I'm with your husband on this one Kip, don't cough up - he wouldn't appreciate it for sure.
And I think your reply strikes the right cord. If the repair man says it was working ok - then I would actually point that out....as it appears you and your girls were inconvenienced!

Just harking on my situation at the moment (must I...yes I must...I feel I have to continue to share my catastrophes :lol: )
I now have a hot water tank not working (still waiting to be replaced - its on order & hopefully will be in tomorrow), 2 out of the 3 toilets are now not working since saturday afternoon(plumber coming tomorrow) a bathroom leak (still to be fixed by said plumber) and then the new fridge went on the blink!!!!! What have my guests said??? Don't worry - we're quite happy, it's great weather and we're enjoying ourselves.
Just goes to show - some people are diamonds and others will winge over the slightest thing!

mouse (who had a group hug with her guests this morning she was so stressed when the fridge broke! :shock: )
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Just goes to show - some people are diamonds and others will winge over the slightest thing!

mouse (who had a group hug with her guests this morning she was so stressed when the fridge broke! )
There ya go :!: see ups and downs of rentals..Luckily the diamonds outweigh the whingers...as in life Ive found...
its just that the Whingers make more noise :evil:

Image have another one Mouse :wink:
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Of course, you are both right, why am I apologising for a W/M that he thought wasn't working?

I'll wait for the key, and do my usual standard letter thanking them for staying, I'll leave out the bit about hoping they will consider returning to us in the future. :wink:

Good call. Thanks.

Ruth