Soon to be guests got lost . . .

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I've never used one but was quite impressed by the background music played by a friend's tomtom. It was Barry White, ideal for calming you down when it has sent you in the wrong direction. :wink: :roll: :lol:
Chianti

DON'T HAVE ONE, ARE THEY ALL THE SAME?

Post by Chianti »

One of my guests used a Mio Sat Nav. They kept in contact on their journey, givng me their ETA. They arrived within 2 minutes of their ETA. They then used it to visit Assisi and Perugia, both of which can be tricky to find the best place to park, which they did it with ease. They also used it to get around Perugia on foot.

Are all sat-nav's the same, or were these guests different, because they, are like all of us, rent their holiday home?

Chianti

Bottoms up
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

levelsteps wrote: The most worrying thing is that he was the Chief Gunner on the same ship as me. His reponsibilty was to fire the ships missiles using computers and SatNav!!
Good job he didnt have to press the button then eh !!

We used one last year in America, I could have smashed it up especially when it took us to the wrong place three times,it was nearly midnigh I was tired,we seemed to be going round in circles, I knew the way to our villa but thought I would let the sat nav tell me, and the worst of all, it was George Bush's voice telling us blatant lies..mind you we did discover a few short cuts as well....in the end we changed the accent to Homer Simpson
Chianti

NO WONDER YOU GOT HOME ALRIGHT

Post by Chianti »

Stephen

You would get home alright by changing the name to HOMER Simpson wouldn't you?

What would you expect from George Bush?

Where would you end up if they offered Pamela Anderson?

Chianti

Bottoms up
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Well my son tells me you can get most famous pepoles voices on the sat nav, but I honestly don't know where she would lure me..... :D
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

but I honestly don't know where she would lure me
Where your mother always warned you not to go :wink:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

we used our Sat Nav a lot at the weekend. On the whole, excellent, but it didn't make a very good job of finding the wine warehouse in Calais.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

but it didn't make a very good job of finding the wine warehouse in Calais.
I dont need a Sat Nav to find...Alcohol sadly..
instinct I expect :wink:

{seriously though it is a faff to find isnt it :wink:}
Giddy Goat

Re: NO WONDER YOU GOT HOME ALRIGHT

Post by Giddy Goat »

Chianti wrote:Where would you end up if they offered Pamela Anderson?
I think Chianti might have meant an Anderson shelter! Good one Chianti!

We too had a challenging experience with Sat Nav when we drove a very long way to a family christening in Newton-le-Willows. We were approaching it from the south, and I was following our progress with the road atlas. We reached a turn-off, and instead of being directed left, were directed right. I started muttering to this effect, but because my OH thinks, as all men do, that women can't read maps, he took no notice, and it was not until some considerable miles later that he realised that there is another Newton-le-Willows in North Yorkshire! The one we wanted was in Merseyside.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

but because my OH thinks, as all men do, that women can't read maps, he took no notice, and it was not until some considerable miles later that he realised that there is another Newton-le-Willows in North Yorkshire! The one we wanted was in Merseyside....
Ow and I bet hes been reminded of it a few times as well :wink: :roll: :lol:
My Hubby always asks me to give directions and then totally ignores what I say...[probably wise :wink: ]
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Gascony Goat wrote:We too had a challenging experience with Sat Nav when we drove a very long way to a family christening in Newton-le-Willows. We were approaching it from the south, and I was following our progress with the road atlas. We reached a turn-off, and instead of being directed left, were directed right. I started muttering to this effect, but because my OH thinks, as all men do, that women can't read maps, he took no notice, and it was not until some considerable miles later that he realised that there is another Newton-le-Willows in North Yorkshire! The one we wanted was in Merseyside.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've found the same thing with my Sat Nav. If I key in the wrong destination it takes me to the wrong destination.

It must be male as it's called TomTom. If it was female would it be called SharonSharon?

Alan
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Alan Knighting wrote: If I key in the wrong destination it takes me to the wrong destination.
My husband, called Ron, drifts off into a world of his own and goes past the turn-off on a well-used route so frequently it's exasperating, so I've taken to calling him Ronnie-Wrong-Turn when it happens. But the Sat Nav experience won't be repeated I suspect, that was a loss of face too far! :lol:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Hubby frequently interprets Nattery's (our sat nav's) 'turn right' as 'turn left' . Then both Nattery Nissan and I shout at him 'if possible make a u-turn' :D
The Moles Mother

Post by The Moles Mother »

HelenB wrote:Hubby frequently interprets Nattery's (our sat nav's) 'turn right' as 'turn left' . Then both Nattery Nissan and I shout at him 'if possible make a u-turn' :D
One of my ex-bosses used to deliberately take wrong turnings in order to get his SatNav to shout at him. Weird man.

MM
A vegetarian oasis in the heart of Boeuf Bourguignonne country
http://www.lesbattees.com/
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

MM, was the voice male or female? If the latter, perhaps he loves dominating women!