Guest mixed up checkout date - opninions appreciated

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
squirrel

Post by squirrel »

Last year we had a situation where I received a phone call, on a Saturday, from a travel agent confirming a booking for a Dutch party for the next Saturday. Great I thought. A few hours later said Dutch guests arrived, panic ensued though managed not to show it. When I looked at the booking notes the agent had put in the end date as the arrival date so was not my fault as I though I had taken the message wrong.

Fortunately I had a vacancy, so after a bit more paperwork and a few frantic phone calls whilst trying to look calm and collected, I was able to accommodate this family. They were a lovely family and eternally grateful. I dread to think what would have been the outcome had I not had a vacancy.

My good deed paid off, they gave me a gift, and they have booked again for this year.
Squirrel
Always expect the unexpected
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

My good deed paid off, they gave me a gift, and they have booked again for this year.
Werent Parsley was it :roll: [from another thread :wink: :lol: ]