Recommending Restaurants...

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

including their big slugs done in batter (fortunately, I'm a veggie so was able to excuse myself from this treat). But it was very popular with the hardier guests.
Jimbo :shock: I aint had my breakfast yet :mrgreen:
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Jimbo wrote: There was a restaurant (sadly changed hands this year) which served only fresh foods from its garden - including their big slugs done in batter (fortunately, I'm a veggie so was able to excuse myself from this treat). But it was very popular with the hardier guests.

Jim
Please tell us you're joking Jim!!! :shock:
I think I'd be thrilled to bits that it had changed hands :roll:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Werent called the Slug and Lettuce was it. :shock:

I have seen the name but didnt realise thats was literally what they sold :? :roll: :lol:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Please tell us you're joking ...
No, it's true. I'm told, by those who know, that it's not much different to eating oysters or mussels but I guess you just have to get your head around the idea.

On a photo shoot in Ecuador, I met two guys who had set up a snail farm and were looking for investors to help fund expansion into Europe. Ecuadorian snails are big guys - two would comfortably fill a burger bun. Truth to tell, I was much taken with the idea - I imagined myself visiting 'the stock' in a white panama like the Man from Del Monte. Diana would have none of it, wisely as it turned out because the two partners subsequently had a falling out and one legged it with the loot.

Sorry for thread creep.

Jim
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

but I guess you just have to get your head around the idea.
EEK :shock: :(