Does anybody use holidayrentals.org?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
rachel

Post by rachel »

Back to the original question - we've registered with holidayrentals.org - as far as I can tell, they're a sister company to self-catering-breaks.co.uk - which, although it's lower down the search rankings recently, was the site that got us our 1st ever guest - so they're good in my books
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I'm also on self-catering-breaks, but I've never gotten a booking or even an inquiry from them... but then, different listing sites are better for different regions. I've never used holidayrentals.org, but then again they do not seem very focused on France.

(sorry I can't be more helpful.)
Brooke
tansy

Post by tansy »

I believe self-catering-breaks.com are owned by lastminute.com h-r.com linked with lastminute.com but it didn't work out...I've had 2 enquires from self catering which didn't come to anything.

I think if it is the case of last minute philosophy it doesn't work for self catering breaks...maybe that is where it is going wrong?
paolo

Post by paolo »

tansy wrote:I believe self-catering-breaks.com are owned by lastminute.com h-r.com linked with lastminute.com but it didn't work out
???
Are you sure?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
tansy

Post by tansy »

There's something at the back of my mind telling me that I am correct - but yes h-r.com did do a trial with lastminute.com - it lasted about 3 months but it was the nature of the business I think not compatible unless you have last minute availability - and house rentals aren't quite like empty airplanes!

I'll ask the FD of lastminute when I see him shortly!
jimadept

Post by jimadept »

1 enquiry so far from holidayrentals.org, nothing to write home about.
Emdee

Post by Emdee »

We have used self-catering-breaks.com for some time, with little effect.

What is also painful is their inability to respond to queries in respect of problems.

We have been trying to add a second property for some time, but cannot upload photos.

Despite several contact attempts, nothing.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Emdee,

Welcome to the forum! :)
Brooke
Emdee

Post by Emdee »

Thanks!

I think we have bantered in another Forum...my alias is different here.
"Free Gite ... for manual work" methinks.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Welcome, Emdee.

I haven't had a sniff from self-catering-breaks either, but having gone through the process of publishing an ad on the site, I wasn't really expecting too much - a bit mystifying it was.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I have had 5 enquiries from self-catering breaks over the last two years which resulted in two very good bookings, though having said that it's been a while now since I have received anything! Is it quiet at the mo for Spain or is it me?? :cry:
scb

our sister site

Post by scb »

Yes self-catering-breaks is our sister site:)

See the main thread on scb if you want to know more.

SCB