I've had a makeover!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Ah.. yes, I am LV, will have a look in firefox later, just off for my chilli and rioja :lol:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

LV achieves such a high level of bookings, I get the impression if she stood at the top of her road and shouted 'gites', the punters would still come rolling in. However, a much improved site - Richard's hallmark cool and crisp and easy to whizz around. The organisation of the gites section is vastly better.

My only niggles are photographic: I'd prefer all the pictures in the gite section to be specifically of the gites (inside and out) and not to have pix of the pool or gardens (which are better used elsewhere on the site). The first of the 'three in a row' pictures in the 'Local Attractions' section lacks density and two of the town pix in the bottom row have blank skies which makes them merge into the light background (it's easy to put a thin dark border around pix on a light background to get around this problem).

Congratulations to Richard and LV for a good job.

Jim
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Thanks for your comments Jim - the reason I added some garden shots was that I ran out of interior shots to fill up the second line of photos. Maybe it would be better to repeat some of the 'snapshot' interior photos on the left than to have non related gite photos.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

the reason I added some garden shots was that I ran out of interior shots to fill up the second line of photos
It's not fair but it's a rule of the road that, if your site is mediocre, you can get away with murder. If it's excellent, any small niggles will stand out in stark relief. As always, the devil is in the details.

Jim
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

Very easy to find your way around the site and quick. love it !
Well done - hope my new one comes out half as good, if it does, I shall be more than happy. Good job, both of you.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Thanks to everyone who commented - the site has now gone live after changing a couple of the photos as suggested by Jimbo. I'm just updating the French version which is a piece of cake as Richard has organised all the previously messy site files so meticulously (I promise to keep them in order, Richard)
I'd just like to publicly thank e Richard for the fantastic job he has done on the site, I'm really proud of it :D
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

And if you're still having problems with the menu not being horizantal on Safari, e-Richard is still working on it....
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

And a big thankyou too to GG who has been working really hard on helping Richard fix the Safari problem.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Non-techie me??!! No, that's generous of you LV, but I've just been the guinea pig, looking at the test website periodically on Safari and telling Richard what I see so he can try various tricks to work out a solution!!
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Hi,

The re-vamped site looks great! Clear, nice pix, easy to use. Well done to you both.

I particularly like the feature with the "snapshots" overlaid on each other - very nice! And an interesting way of displaying several photos of the same room without prompting groans of "not the kitchen table again". :lol: :lol:

And I like the layout of the guestbook page too.

One tiny point, and that may just be because you haven't finished everything completely: you have "picture title" showing as the alt tag / title for many of your photos, rather than a real caption. (that's probably not the technical term but I hope you know what I mean - when you place the cursor on the photo it just says "picture title" rather than "our fab pool" or whatever.)

Well done - and may it bring you lots of bookings! :)
Lounging on the lily pad...
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Well spotted GF - that's down to me :oops: - it's my job to do all the captions as well as the French site - I'd better get a move on!
Thanks for your nice comments on the rest of the site.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Look great in both safari and firefox now LV. Just noticed one thing, on the 'click for availability' the 'S' at the end of Les Hirondelles is showing in black type.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Oooh, well spotted Party! Nothing gets past you!! :D
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Thanks Party, I never noticed that! Well spotted - and fixed now.
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi LV

Party's post made me look a bit more at the rates page. I am not used to booking short breaks in France. In fact I've never been, but would love to, especially your place.

I just found it a bit confusing to work out what I would have to pay, I could see the weekly rate, but then I looked at the nightly rate, then I found this wasn't available at certain times (May - Sept) but maybe it was? then I had to add the bedding hire if it was.

Sorry if I'm being very picky, I probably am, as someone said, it's easy to pick holes in a really good site.

I just got a bit confused and it took me some time to work it out. Of course that could be due to the bottle of Cyprus brandy my mum brought round for me yesterday that I cracked open half an hour ago. :lol: Just ignore my ramblings!!! :?

Ruth