Guest comments on website

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
jdabney

Post by jdabney »

The idea of scanning pages from the guest book has been brilliant for us, I'd say it really works. Many people have said following reading the reviews they were really convinced and of course it's less likely the reviews are made up by the owner...heaven forbid! Mind you it helps if they say nice things!!

http://www.villapuglia.com/villa_puglia ... views.html
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

I like the way you have typed out the comments, some of them are a bit hard to read.

Looks good.

Ruth
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Yep I agree with Kip Jd :wink:
think that youve done a good job best of both worlds really....
but how do you disguise your writing :roll:
[only joking of course :wink:.....]
Well Done :!:
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I think that's a wonderful way to do it, and when you click on the thumbnails you can generally read the handwriting very easily. Well done!
Brooke
cambalala

Post by cambalala »

vrooje wrote:I would offer a transcribed set of comments and then probably set up an "eBook" the way Amazon.com lets you "look inside" some books -- basically a slideshow of pages with a "back" and "next" button that would allow a user to scroll through the whole guestbook.
I think this is a fantastic idea and I'll defintely incorperate it at some point. You got me thinking (doesnt happen often) about slideshows. I use slideshows from picturetrail - and when I was looking at their slideshow styles they have a photo-album template - which is basically a book where you can turn the pages. I think this would work perfectly.
I created a quick sample. (Procrastination before cleaning the house.)
See here
and
also here

obviously your pictures would be of your guest book and your slideshow would be embedded in your website.

but the idea's good. - Thanks Vrooje.
www.cambalala.com - 3D Virtual Tour
Website On: Wordpress.
Booking Software: PIMS) - Yay!
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Hello, LaVache. Interesting thread.

JDabney, your idea of the photo of the visitor book and then the typed version is excellent and complements the whole wonderful atmosphere of your website.

LV, you have got some wonderful comments. Following on from another thread, I am intrigued that you have so many comments about your spacious apartment. Sounds like your guests don't think your small oven is a problem!!

We are able to do the "meet and greet " service ourselves and I always reckon that one of the best bits of feedback is when a first-time guest walks into the cottage and says "It's just like your website". Phew ...... that's a relief :wink: .
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Christine Kenyon wrote: LV, you have got some wonderful comments. Following on from another thread, I am intrigued that you have so many comments about your spacious apartment. Sounds like your guests don't think your small oven is a problem!!
I think you mean Helen B Christine! I don't have an apartment or a small oven...
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Christine, it is me that has the small oven, and I think you may be right, it is only me who has a problem with it.
Christine Kenyon

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

How many smileys am I allowed? Sorry, HeleneB and LV!
Christine Kenyon

:oops:...... again. Just noticed that I spelt Helen's name wrong. The day just gets worse. Hope you don't mind the extra "e"!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Christine, all my French correspondence spells it with the extra e anyway :D
Christine Kenyon

C'est la vie, n'est-ce pas? Must be the European in me coming to the fore!

Have a good weekend.
Wol

Post by Wol »

One of the things that struck me about jdabney's idea of scanning the guest book is that it allows the kids' drawings to be seen - I think a lot of families will be very reassured that the children had a really good time (even Charlie :lol: who is obviously a seriously kewl dude)
Wol
Not the Wizard of Aus - that's MOH

http://daysontheclaise.blogspot.com/