Our website- revamped- opinions please!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

Much better now, Reta, than when I looked in February. I agree with adding Mousehole, Cornwall under the headline, because although I know the place, perhaps visiting foreigners, potential customers, will be very confused ! I should think the name mousehole may conjure up some strange translations for them ! The mind boggles.
I had not spotted that before, too busy looking at the pics.
Reta

Post by Reta »

Garri wrote:Oh no!

I've just had a look at the Booking page and have to say it's a mess but easily rectified. Where to start?

First, the pricing info should be laid out in tabular form, easy to read. People scan websites, they don't read them.

The whole procedure needs to be designed carefully as it's far from being intuitive.
Garri,

The booking system was designed to be intuitive, though I will agree with you that it needed a price list in tabular form. You will find this has been added.

Feedback from customers has been great, the booking system works flawlessly. You also have to bear in mind what goes on in the background, I can simply login and manually add/edit bookings, payments, client details etc. I don't think any of our competitors have such a facility in-house :)

Any other feedback in addition to what's already been said is appreciated.

Thanks,

- Reta
Garri

Post by Garri »

Hi Reta,

Can't see the tabular price display.

Also, the drop down boxes aren't wide enough, they cut off the end of the content. Not a problem on months like May ;-)

Incidentally, the entire May 2007 is available. I know no-one would try to book May 2007 but if they selected the month BEFORE selecting the year it could be confusing, since the system changes the month before the year (just a thought)

And the word 'mousehole' under your cottage logo just looks odd in that context ;-)
Reta

Post by Reta »

Garri,

The price list is available from the booking page, which navigates to here.

Your other comments are duly noted and will be sorted asap, i've been on the phone enough about the price list the last few days!

Regarding the "May 2007" issue, perhaps if all dates in the past are set to Unavailable it may be less confusing why they cant click the dates? Beyond that, it's really down to the user's common sense I think!

Thanks again,

- Reta
Garri

Post by Garri »

The price list is available from the booking page, which navigates to here.
Bit convoluted but nicely designed pricelist. I would tent to do all on one page, so people know where they are. The main booking page could display the price list and use the sidebar to accommodate the calender picker.
Regarding the "May 2007" issue, perhaps if all dates in the past are set to Unavailable it may be less confusing why they cant click the dates? Beyond that, it's really down to the user's common sense I think!
Not if the last digit of the year is cut off because the drop down box isn't long enough ;-)

Rule number one: never rely on user's common sense on the web! ;-)

Don't Make Me Think
Garri

Post by Garri »

Nice to see the drop down boxes in the booking form have been extended - I can see we're in 2007 now, not 200!

Did you know you logo doesn't link back to your home page?

I, and indeed 99% of web users, will try to click on it instinctively in an attempt to get back to the home page.