New gite website built-any comments?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
boberry

New gite website built-any comments?

Post by boberry »

As Gascony goat was so kind to bring up the fact that the gite used to be a goat farm is mentioned on my home page, I thought I'd ask for some more comments-I'm just waiting for a link to my webad so please can you limit the comments to the content/pictures, thanks
home is where you lay your @
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Hi - and welcome to the forum!

I like your site. It's clear, the colours are nice and I love your exterior photos.

I'd like to see more interior shots - it's hard to get a real idea of what the cottage looks like inside from the photos you have, which are good but don't show the size of the place. And there is no photo of the living room, which I would consider a very important room when considering where to rent.

The page of local info is an excellent idea and well presented.

Best of luck with it!
Lounging on the lily pad...
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I'm sure it is because I've been in France a while now, so don't any notice, but I can't get past the name Capricorn as it just means woodworm to me, not goats! Sorry I haven't had time to look at the site in more detail, I will do, but my first impression is that you have a lovely place, but the sunflowers are on nearly every Charente site now and I'm getting bored with them. Although I'm probably jealous as we don't have them here in Brittany, only cows and maize which aren't as pretty.
Ju

Post by Ju »

I like the look of the site, it is clear and bright. I did find it difficult to get a feel for the property though. I think the kitchen photo is good, but the bedroom one is dark and I would like to see a living room shot.

Two other comments: You say"this detached property comfortably has enough room for 4, but is also ideal for 2" - As this is a two bedroom property, I think this makes it sound small. Many owners rent out 2 bedroom places for 6. So I would say something like, "some couples like the extra space"

You also say:
"Please note; For the reason that the majority of parents do not want their baby to sleep on another baby's mattress, we do not provide a cot."

I think this sounds a bit offensive to those of us who are more than happy to let their babies sleep in a cot provided. How about - whilst we don't provide cots there is plenty of space if you wish to bring your own.

Not much else to add.

Ju
boberry

Post by boberry »

Thanks guys-all comments duly noted and website duly tweaked!
boberry

Post by boberry »

And yes LV I know what you mean about the capricornes-but I'm betting that most vacanciers don't know 'bout them!
And I agree about the fine for 2-but when I wrote that I was looking to attract couples-househunters being a key market.
Still I've had another tweak-see what you think-can't change the photos as cottage is occupied, but will do asap. Thanks for all your comments-it's great to get independent feedback!
boberry

Post by boberry »

Could you tell it was a free one? Be honest now-
Martha

Post by Martha »

looks very nice!

I'd actually change that copy to

"....if like some people you like the extra space."
as not everyone goes away in couples.

You could maybe break up the travel info a bit more? I found it a bit hard to read, and it's really important...

And more interior pictures would be good - I also found it a bit hard to get a feel of the place.

Looks lovely though, top job! :)
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
boberry

Post by boberry »

Thanks firebug have changed that bit (re couples)
But am a bit restricted in the travel page by the template-tant pis!
boberry

Post by boberry »

Will get round to pic asap-ie when current tenants partent
boberry

Post by boberry »

Got a new template-better or worse than the sunflowers???
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

boberry wrote:Got a new template-better or worse than the sunflowers???
I preferred the sunflowers - although I do agree that there are too many sunflower sites! Is there something else you could use that keeps that feel of an illustration in the corner rather than the new one, which I find a bit busy and distracting?

You asked if it looked like a freebie - I assume you mean a free site? No - it looks very crisp. And I'm impressed that they offer something like that for free. Now why couldn't I have found that a few months ago before building from scratch?! :? :D
Lounging on the lily pad...
boberry

Post by boberry »

Back tomorrow-can hear the fireworks bon journée de Bastille!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Looks good Boberry! Haven't looked at everything but did struggle to find info/pics on the cottage itself until I hit on "About". I would probably call that tab "The Cottage" instead, you don't want people wandering off cos they can't find what they're looking for.........
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

boberry wrote:Could you tell it was a free one? Be honest now-
Yes, I could immediately tell it was a free template. Its just far too good to be a home grown design :wink:

hmmm, on rereading that, it could be taken as an insult or as a compliment. Please take it as the latter !

On the subject of photograhs:
1. You do not really need to wait and retake the pictures. The existing ones can be tweaked to improve them no end. Also see examples of what I mean on this discussion
2. When you click on the photos, they pop up into a nice new window enlarged. But the window is not resizable and the pictures don't fit, so you have to scroll to see all of the picture and never see it all. It should be easy to resize the (enlarged) pictures to fit into the pop-up window.

p.s. Feel free to PM me if you need help tweaking the pictures.