New gite website built-any comments?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Bohinj Badger

Post by Bohinj Badger »

Hi there,

I like the colour to your site as the greeny-browns give it a rural feel and it put me in the right frame of mind when I was looking at your site.

A few comments;
(1) I don't know France that well and did not know where Charente is. It was only when I looked at the map and saw Angouleme that I had an idea where you were approximately located. My ignorance I know, but it might be worth putting in your introduction located in "south-west France, Charente" for those who are geographically challenged in France like myself.

(2) I would like to see more interior shots. The exterior is very charming, but your interior photographs may give the impression that it is a little cramped (which certainly does not seem to be the case from the exterior). For example the bedroom photo has a charming window as the main feature, but we cannot see the whole bed. Likewise the living room features a charming fireplace but we cannot get a feel for the whole room.

I very much liked your what's on page, and it gave a feel that it was a vibrant area, and also enabled me to see if any events were going on during the dates that I was interested in. To be honest if there were two similar properties in the area, I would probably choose your gite because of this information. It provides an impression that you are not isolated from the local community, and you would readily help me if I have questions on sights to see etc.

I hope that this is helpful

BB
boberry

Post by boberry »

Thanks everyone-I've just added a shot of the living room-hopefully that gives the feel of the place-thanks to Bohinj Badger for the positive feedback about the local info-signing off now the village cycle race this afternoon! (still tweaking tho')
home is where you lay your @