Two enquiries for the same dates - help!

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
mon269

Post by mon269 »

We want our guests to have a lovely time, we want them to recommend us to their friends but ultimately we won't be taken for a ride .
I'll make that my motto. :P
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

It's sort of sagacity through experience, either our own or others
:wink: :) :)
boberry

Post by boberry »

Having 2 enquiries for the same date at the same time is tricky and it happened to me not so long ago.

I always email to confirm dates anyway and ask them to confirm if all is satisfactory before sending a cheque (sometimes adding as it is a busy time of year dates are going fast).

This is my first full year of renting but have always (so far) received a cheque [apart from one nutty enquiry/confirmation which I think was an attempted scam although french connections didn't agree (so why didn't I get the cheque then?)]

Don't hold on to the first hoping they'll book as you'll upset/put off the second one by your delay. There's no guarantee of either just imagine all your enquiries are just vague ones and then you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get a booking!
home is where you lay your @
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Don't hold on to the first hoping they'll book as you'll upset/put off the second one by your delay. There's no guarantee of either just imagine all your enquiries are just vague ones and then you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get a booking!
:wink: Sounds about right :D
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Just a thought...why do people take cheques when a direct transfer would be quicker and safer?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Mousie :) How is ya :)

I take cheques..I havent had a problem with them[none of the rubber sort yet :roll: ] Find it quite simple really..I am still wary of giving out my bank details....{i know everyone says its fine but havent felt the need either...}
Of course I wouldnt accept these foreigny ones for oodles of pounds..... :roll:
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Good question but I must say I'd not really thought about it before. I nearly always take a cheque, just the "foreign" ones I do a direct transfer. I'm wary about giving out bank details too altho I now have an online savings only one just for that purpose. Happy bookings :lol:
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

It cost me $25 to receive a wire (and sometimes more for a guest to send one)...checks are free....so, if I have a guest from the US and there is plenty of time for it to clear, I would take a check first. I've used credit cards for my UK guests.