Free sunday times ads..

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

When I did mine it said it the advertising date was 29th July.
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

greenfrog wrote:Now, does anyone know when the online version actually appears? Mine's not there yet so wondered if it's Sunday, at same time as the print ad. I don't remember seeing anything about a publication date...
I think mine showed the next day.

Nope, just looked and can't see it - mine said advertising date 29/7 as well
jayvollstedt

Post by jayvollstedt »

memes wrote:Glad some of you have been able to do it - I had problems on my pc - using firefox. I think it might be better in ie though in the end I had to get my husband to do it on a work pc.
Yeah, you need to use MS IE. Neither FireFox nor Netscape formatted properly for me. With IE, I was able to easily enter the info. The 3-line limit is BRUTAL, especially since they add the advert number, which takes up 3/4 of one of your lines! But, hey, it's FREE. And, as one of my friends likes to say, "Free is for ME!" :lol:

Oddly enough, I had the same problem when attempting to add my property to a free site last night. Couldn't do it through Netscape, so I skipped Firefox, and went straight to IE. Worked fine in IE. The site was domegos.com. I think it's because they are using "Web 2.0" for their site, which is suppose to be like having Windows for the Web. I let the site owner know that over 28% of the world's Internet users are using Firefox. Don't know if it will help.

Jay.
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

BagPuss wrote:When I did mine it said it the advertising date was 29th July.
Thanks. Yes, that would make sense as it's Sunday. I just wondered if they put the online version up sooner.

Looks like it will be a busy travel section Sunday! :lol:
Lounging on the lily pad...
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Well I couldn't do it! I spent ages faffing around with it. One lot of text overlaid another, and when I tried to review it it kept asking me to select header text (or something like that) and I couldn't see how to do that.

A pity.

TC
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Oh but just read back. I use FF. I'll try again later in IE and see if it works.

TC
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
judyc

Post by judyc »

:D
Thanks, Memes, for putting that on. I have also taken advantage of it. Ok, over an hour to get the advert set up properly, but I will try anything for free!

I rarely get to see a UK paper, but did see a Saturday Daily Telegraph a few weeks ago and was amazed how few classified ads there were for France. A few years ago, there would have been loads at this time of year. Perhaps the ST are trying to encourage people to use classifieds as well as internet.

Judy
www.faysselle.iowners.net
boberry

Post by boberry »

Thanks Memes!
home is where you lay your @
paolo

Post by paolo »

I just had an enquiry which said they saw my ad in the Sunday Times, so it does work!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Wow Paolo! That was quick!!!!

I have just been playing "spot the LayMyHatter" but I didn't see yours.
Mine is there, just above Greenfrog's romantic paris rentals...

I don't expect to get anything out of this as we are full to Oct, but I thought I'd see what the ad would look like.

I was impressed at how many ads are on there at more than 3 lines - the fact that people are prepared to pay for their ads must mean that it can work, otherwise why would they pay?
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Good for you Paolo :!: ...I hope other LMhatters have the same success :wink:
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Thanks for checking, NC!
Paolo's post reminded me that I forgot to pick up the ST earlier! :?

Well done on the inquiry, Paolo! Let's hope there are more to come for all of us!
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

Can anyone tell me how to find the adverts ?
I know I am being stupid but I spent ages filling the form in for the advert and thought I had eventually succeeded - even if it did take two days of trying !
Even if I made a mess up - highly likely - I still want to see your ads and I can't find anybody's, even though I have looked all over the site - duh !
When I search destinations, Spain comes up with only two rental sites.
I nearly joined the fabulously expensive rental-holidays site by mistake whilst desperately seeking ! Please take pity on this aged computer illiterate - Help !
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Oh Finca, I haven't looked on the web. I was just referring to the classified ads printed in the Sunday Times newspaper today...
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Fincafern -
I found 31 classifieds for Spain, online. Not sure if yours was one of them. I think you have to not put in keywords - when I entered self-catering and Paris, I got nothing.
I am under France though.

Now I need to find the details of my listing so I can edit it and add the word Paris which I somehow forgot and which is kind of important :? :lol: . Hmm, wonder if I kept that email?! :?