Can anyone speak Thai?!

For topics that are specific to a country not covered above, please go here.
Rosbif

Can anyone speak Thai?!

Post by Rosbif »

Hi everyone

I just wondered if anyone can speak Thai or knows anyone who is Thai. The reason being is my father lives in Thailand, has done for about 15 years, my sister has been trying to call him for several weeks on and off and is getting no response. So we are a bit worried as he had a vague plan to come to the UK this summer and no news. We want to try and ask the reception of the complex where he lives if they have seen him recently, as he isn't in the best of health, but they don't understand english enough to know what the hell we are talking about.

So if anyone can help please let me know. Otherwise we will contact the British Embassy in Thailand next week if we still haven't heard from him by then.

Carole :?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Carole, my friend in Les Deux-Alpes knows a Thai guy, he has a restaurant there, but I dont think he's there in the summer. Is the new resto in Chantemerle run by Thais or not? Maybe Rick knows them?
Sounds very worrying for you. I hope you get in touch with him soon.
Helen.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Hi Carole...Can understand why you're worried :(
I know that we recently had a new member from Thailand 'Gecko Villa'(?)....perhaps if we can get a word to him he maybe able to help. I'll give it a go for you.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Good thinking BP....Carole I do hope you manage to get in touch soon.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Thank you everyone for your ideas and help. Helen I don't know about that restaurant will ask Rick. Maybe I will just go to a Thai restaurant in Brighton and see if I can find someone who speaks enough English to understand what I am talking about that might be able to make a call for me.

Thanks BP and Mouse for your support, will keep you informed.

I had a feeling that we would be in a situation like this at some point, but hopefully it will turn out ok and then we can tell him to get an emergency action plan in place.

Carole x
enid

Post by enid »

Sorry I can't help with the language but just wanted to say good luck - I hope you get through to him soon.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Rosbif...

My nephew lives in Thai and has a thai girlfriend[who speaks english] I will phone my sister in Law and Maybe get a phone number :wink:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Carole :)

Ive just spoken to my Nephew as hes here at the mo and might be able to help contact me as soon as you get this....
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Thank you everyone for your support and offers of help. We have found him!! My sister managed to get hold of him just now, but I don't know the details yet of where he has been etc she just text me to say he is OK and she will fill me in later when she gets back from the opticians!

I shall be telling him he needs to sort out someone who will contact us in an emergency situation!!!

I am so grateful to everyone on here who has offered help, it is really appreciated.

Carole xxxxx
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Good news! :D Glad alls well with your Dad Carole!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Rosbif
Glad things have been sorted :wink:

Take Carexx
enid

Post by enid »

I'm so pleased you've made contact.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

Oh thank godness!! SO relieved for you!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Good news, Carole.
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Well had an update now from my sister and apparently he had been in hospital last week with a bad bladder infection (that water curse again) and has had to have a catheter fitted temporarily.

Apparently the fax I sent went to a bar he goes in and they phoned him! I had tried a few different numbers around the area he lives just to see if anyone knew him so that worked!

He has a Thai woman who used to be his girlfriend and they are still friends so she is still around to help look after him, drive him around etc, so that is good and apparently her daughter speaks good English, so we are a bit more at ease now and we are going to send a list of all our possible contact numbers for him to give to her in case of emergency!!

Anyway thanks again to everyone for your support and offers of help.

Carole x :)