Diplomacy skills??

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Mouse

Diplomacy skills??

Post by Mouse »

Just had an enquiry in.
Twice.
1st time asking about dates etc. Then a 2nd one came in;
I have just emailed you and after I looked at your villa i realised I didnt know which airlines come to you. Is Paphos the nearest airport and which airlines fly there in October

All I can say is if she flew into Pathos - she'd have a long taxi ride :shock:
How can I diplomatically reply without implying she's intellectually challenged :?

Mousie (who's checking to see if she's inadvertently moved the villa to Cyprus :roll: )
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Ohh Mousie be gentle with her :wink:
[just pretend your dealing with me :roll: ] :lol:
jayvollstedt

Post by jayvollstedt »

:lol: Yeah, I'm with Sis. I'd just try to sell her on the positives of Ibiza (maybe with a brief geography lesson? :oops: ). Who knows - after you have given her your sales pitch, she may change her plans! :D

Of course, this strategy assumes that she is looking at Cyprus, and not Ibiza! :roll:

Jay.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

:lol: :lol:

Trouble is...it's friday night, I've had a bottle of chilled cava and I'm now on the Baileys....and I feel like doing mischief :lol: :wink:

Oh...hands off keyboard mousie! :lol: :lol:

Mousie
x
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Mols has posted a link that might be useful

I find this site very useful:

http://www.flightmapping.com/maps/Europe/

If you haven't already got it, stick it in your favourites, it's quite helpful if someone wants to fly from a UK regional airport to wherever you are.

Cheers all

[/quote]
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

*laugh* well...if it makes you feel better...I had one last week...who said she would love to come stay at our place becasue she was going to be in the areea...in VENICE...ummmmm....we're in SOUTHERN Italy ;-) my website is "SOUTHERNitaly." heck...even my EMAIL address is SOUTHERNItaly@ and ummmm...Venice is NORTHERN Italy and a good night train or flight away ;-) How can you be going to Venice and not know where it is?! (that said, I WAS nice about it and suggested she take the night train to Naples ;-) ) needless to say...haven't heard back :-)
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

I wouldn't even mention Paphos. Just say to her, "Our nearest airport is XXX, and the following airlines fly there" or something similar.

Daisy xxx

PS. I realise that you are all laughing, so she must have asked a stupid question? I am going to ask you something similar. Where is Paphos? Can I surmise that it is a long way from where you are???

PS. Musetta - If last week's person was contacting you from the US for example, then it's all relative - if she was going to be in Venice, then you could say that she was going to be in your area!!! (Sort of!)
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

PS. I realise that you are all laughing, so she must have asked a stupid question? I am going to ask you something similar. Where is Paphos? Can I surmise that it is a long way from where you are???
NC - the nicest way I can say it is...same sea - different country :D Paphos is in Cyprus. :wink:

Oh where is Kip when you need her :lol: This might be one we could share...reckon I could sell her a two centre holiday. Fly into Paphos...enjoy some Cypriot hospitality...then get on another plane over to Ibiza...to chill out! :lol:

Mousie
x
jayvollstedt

Post by jayvollstedt »

Normandy Cow wrote: PS. I realise that you are all laughing, so she must have asked a stupid question? I am going to ask you something similar. Where is Paphos? Can I surmise that it is a long way from where you are???
NC, I'm only going by what Mousie stated originally, that Paphos is on Cyprus. I know that Ibiza and Cyprus are in the same sea, but no where near each other. Otherwise, I'd have been baffled myself! :D I wouldn't call it a stupid question. Just an uniformed one. :oops:

Jay.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

NC, I'm only going by what Mousie stated originally, that Paphos is on Cyprus. I know that Ibiza and Cyprus are in the same sea, but no where near each other. Otherwise, I'd have been baffled myself! I wouldn't call it a stupid question. Just an uniformed one.
Im with Jay and NC on this...I only know where lots of places are because Ive been there..Geography didnt do much for me at school :wink:
:)
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Geography didnt do much for me at school
Slight thread creep....but a friend of mines daughter... finally got a decent score on her school report for geography and the comment... 'that she could now find her way around the school unassisted' :lol: :lol: As she says of her daughter...she'll have to get by on her looks :lol:

Now - back to diplomacy

Mouse
x
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Mousie said
Trouble is...it's friday night, I've had a bottle of chilled cava and I'm now on the Baileys....and I feel like doing mischief
Well...tambien Mousie....but I haven't got any Baileys :( :lol: :lol:

Going back to the enquiry...well...it's nice that she wanted your villa to be in Paphos! :wink:
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Mouse wrote: NC - the nicest way I can say it is...same sea - different country :D Paphos is in Cyprus. :wink:
:oops: Oops!!!! :lol:
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Don't be hard on them. If I'm flying on holiday, I rarely know where it is beyond the country - particularly when skiing. But then, we suspect that my daughter inherited her dyslexia from my side of the family (my father always got lost on roundabouts!)

John