Waterproof Furniture for a Beach Rental

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
MYBEACHCOTTAGEFL

Waterproof Furniture for a Beach Rental

Post by MYBEACHCOTTAGEFL »

We currently provide a Futon in the living area which has a cover with a mattress waterproof pad underneath, but I always ask my guests not to sit on it while wet. We also have in the living area a small dinette set, which I re-upholstered with pretty beachy fabric & covered in a thick vinyl which permits my guests to sit there while wet. However, that dinette set was the previous owners which I spray painted & fixed up...we need to replace it and I also want to add a sitting chair..also water resistanct. Anybody know of good, pretty reasonably priced water resistant dinette sets & sitting chair? Or where in Florida I could get them? We have a small cottage so it can't be bulky furniture. I don't think lawn furniture would look appropriate but maybe there is something out there I haven't seen. Any other guidance or tips you can provide me in my making my cottage more water & sand friendly...please share. Thanks!
My Beach Cottage..make it YOURS during your vacation!http://home.earthlink.net/~mybeachcottage/
tansy

Post by tansy »

we are right on the beach...but I find that folk don't very often come into the house still wet and sit down on furniture...I have plenty beach towels and towelling sunbed covers that I ask folk to pop through the washer.

But the rest of the furniture is 'normal' that can be washed or has seat covers that can be bunged in the washing machine...I have seating outside to discourage coming straight in off the beach wet & sandy!

Ocasionally someone has wandered in and sat down on the sofa - but the materials I have all hoover up and so far no damage.

Hope that helps...and welcome to the forum.

Tansy
MYBEACHCOTTAGEFL

Post by MYBEACHCOTTAGEFL »

Thank you for the warm welcome and replying. It helps if you could refer all these conscientious renters to Florida after they stay with you..he..he.. Unfortunately I don't have space to provide outside seating and no way to really see where they sit while I'm not there. Only once did I find the Futon cover full of sand & wet but even for myself when I return wet I want a place to sit & unwind without having to worry. We will see.
My Beach Cottage..make it YOURS during your vacation!http://home.earthlink.net/~mybeachcottage/
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi, how about wicker/rattan chairs? You could put washable cushions/covers on them, or maybe a pretty( but easily washed )throw over . Just an idea! :P

www.thepetitmanoir.com