Our first guests - whoops!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Bella

Our first guests - whoops!

Post by Bella »

Our first guests arrived whilst we were back in England at daughters graduation. ( we live on site) We had family looking after the place so that they could see them in on the Saturday, and we returned on the Sunday.
Everything went well, they were very happy with the place etc.
Sunday night huge downpour of rain, kitchen of gite flooded. I couldn't believe it, the gully had blocked with leaves and just spilled in.
Guests were fine about. All jokes about it being like at home.
They left this morning all sad to be leaving and making nice comments in the book.
But what a start lol.

Tina
enid

Post by enid »

As you say what a start - I'm so glad that you had understanding guests- hope everything runs smoothly from now on.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Bdalmeny....
As enid says what a start...but it must run easier from now on..congrats on the fact that they still had a great time..all credit to you :wink: ..and good luck with yuor guest in the future...[exciting isnt it] :wink:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

What stars they were Tina! I can imagine how you felt...as you immediately reflect it back upon yourself...and happy to see it turned intomore of a 'bonding with guests' experience than a panic!

They'll probably regale friends and family with the story when they get home :D These things can make peole holidays (like when our cat went missing last year & the guests got involved in the search!! :lol: They're back now for a 2nd year :wink: )

Anyway - how was the graduation??

And good luck for the rest of the summer!

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Bella

Post by Bella »

All I can say is thank goodness for tiled floors and nice people. Your right about things like this bringing people together. They are staying in the area with their parents now. One of them is popping round to mend the old mans mower later lol

The graduation went lovely, thank you. All proud and tearey :D

Tina
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

The graduation went lovely, thank you. All proud and tearey
Thats lovely Tina :) Memories to cherish Im sure :wink: