First Attempt

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
davey2187

First Attempt

Post by davey2187 »

http://www.la-torre-rental.co.uk/

OK the building and wording was not done by me and the wording is being changed, I have also asked for a calendar, but what do you think 8)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Davey :) ..

Tell you what..I think it looks absolutely great... well done :!:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Hi Davey

I like the design. I'm a fan of large photos and clean lines.

I've only had time to flick through it but would suggest that you get yourself a strapline that keeps re-asserting your place as a fab holiday destination. It should come up on every 'intro' photo to each section.
(something that gets across the main selling points)
Also, I would ditch the 'welcome to our website' intro. people know that...so it's wasted space. You could use this area much better to SELL you apartment and complex. Make it snappy, get the key points acrocc (USP's etc) and get people interested enough to click on.

Mouse
x
p.s. if you need any help with that opening paragraph pm me - me & my hubby write websites/web pages for a living so could give you a hand
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

if you need any help with that opening paragraph pm me - me & my hubby write websites/web pages for a living so could give you a hand
Well you kept that quiet Mouse...A Mouse with hidden talents Eh.....All my talents are for all to see :!:
problem is most people dont see em :roll: :lol:
DarrenC

Post by DarrenC »

I "think" Mouse means your Unique Selling Point

To attract holidaymakers what makes your home stand out from others. The price is not a USP, but having a sauna or bicycles could be.

Nice looking site, and works in IE and Firefox.

I would think about what search keywords holidaymakers would type into the search engines to find your website.

You can use tools like this;

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
http://www.keyworddiscovery.com/search.html

These will help you find which keywords are popular and which aren't. Add these keywords in your content and title and description meta tags.

If your not sure what these are a few good resources are;

http://www.highrankings.com/allabouttitles.htm
http://www.seomoz.org/blog/best-practic ... title-tags
http://www.seomoz.org/blog/making-the-m ... ption-tags

There's other tasks you can do to make your site search engine friendly, but search around LMH and you'll find plenty of discussions.
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

Very classy, I like it. :)
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Very nice. Love the big photo with the view of the pool AND the golf course beyond!

I've only scanned your website, but have a couple of points:

Typo on homepage: "Not only is their information", (should be there).

Agree with Mouse about the "welcome" bit being unneccessary. I would replace it with something like "luxury apartment on the brand new Polaris World resort La Torre Golf Resort" - i.e. what you already have displayed on the photo. It looks good on the photo, but the trouble is that when it is embedded in a photo it is invisible to the search engines.
Ju

Post by Ju »

Nice and clean.

But:

It is not clear from the home page that it is a rental property - whilst the word rental appears in the website name it does not appear in the home page; instead you refer to "our luxury appartment" and "our holiday home". By using the word "our" you claim not only ownership, but residency - which makes it difficult for others to imagine using the property.

It is also not clear from the home page - or in fact the other pages- where the property is. Given the colour scheme I assumed it was in France.

There is no information about pricing, availablility or how to book.

The numbers under the photos confused me for a while, until I realised they were other photos - how about something saying click for more photos.

HTH

Ju
ttp

Post by ttp »

Nice site, only a couple of comments:

I assume the telephone numbers are UK, but it's not clear.

Not aimed at you specifically, but why the @aol.com e-mail address, don't you get e-mail addresses at la-torre-rental.co.uk ?

IMV it looks more professional to have an e-mail address tied to the web site domain.
Regards

Nick Thompson

http://www.gite-in-brittany.co.uk
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

It looks very nice. I very much like the changing pictures, which is something I've just introduced to the first page of my own site. There may be rather too many photos of the complex, as they tend to look a bit 'samey'.

You need to check carefully for typos - on one page you've got 'children's plat area'.

I'm not sure about 'you can look through the pool'. That sounds a bit odd. How about 'Across the pool you can see.........'

I agree about 'welcome to our website', as that's not what you are selling. You're selling a couple of weeks in your apartment, so you need to make that clear right from the start. To be honest, when I saw it start off with 'Polaris World' I thought it was an advert for off plan property sales, and it took me a minute to realise what it really was. You only have a minute or two to capture people, so that first page is crucial.

But it's a professional looking start, with some very nice photos.

Good luck with it.

Topcat
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Bohinj Badger

Post by Bohinj Badger »

Hi there,
I agree with everything that has been said. It certainly looks extremely professional.

My impression was your website seemed to be selling the resort (and understandably so!) rather than your apartment on the Polaris World Resort. The title on the homepage indicates this “Welcome to Polaris World, La Torre Golf Resort�. Perhaps make it more personal and give you apartment a name rather than just call it a brand new luxury apartment. You could consider putting it on the title of you home page e.g. Come and stay in Torre Apartment, Polaris World, La Torre Golf Resort�. A subtle twist but helps create the personal touch. If you have a terrace, consider highlighting this as a feature. It may also be worth adding a bit more detail to the facilities e.g. number and type of restaurants.

I hope that I am not being negative as your apartment and the resort are impressive and your website beautiful to click around in. I began to feel that I was almost there myself!
BB
davey2187

Post by davey2187 »

Thanks for everyones comments, the text has changed including typos, please look again, more photos will appear soon
fibi

Post by fibi »

Hi there,

your home page is FAB until you read the first sentence in bold below - ughhh, the grammar is appalling, too many that, which's used incorrectly, spilt infinitives, wrong descriptive clauses, no punctuation, well there is but a full stop in required too. Its too late and I'm too tired to rewrite it, in fact having looked at your page again I would recommend deleting it completely as you repeat the information again. The rest of the site is very good and the apartment looks very elegant just what I think people want like a boutique hotel but private.

Having viewed the rest of the site I really would recommend deleting the sentence below as its unnecessary.
Welcome to this website that will give you information about our apartment which is disabled friendly that we are renting, and the surrounding area in Costa Calida, near Murcia in
Spain
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
Garri

Post by Garri »

This is the place they're advertising on the telly isn't it? Looks like a sprawling council estate, in the sun ;-) :twisted:

The photo gallery works well, except for the previews when you mouse over, bit annoying.

I'm seeing this style of gallery appear on loads of sites recently, it's the style favoured by Villarenters.

The contact page doesn't have a form with ability for me to send requests for desired dates, and ask some questions. Makes it easier for people to send enquiries.

I don't agree with above poster re: deleting the opening sentence in bold. Just reword it. It's your chance to nail what it is you're offering in a couple of sentences. People famously scan websites, they don't really read them unless they need to. So they probably won't read all the blurb, but by drawing their attention to short sentence, in bold or bigger text, is a good idea to capture their attention and serve them the deal in a nutshell.

Try the following technique to change the way in which you structure a sentence...
from your website you wrote:The resort is on the Costa Calida in Spain, where you can enjoy 320 days of beautiful sunshine a year.
... could be changed to:
from the top of my head I wrote:Enjoy 320 days a year of beautiful sunshine at [name of resort] on the Costa Calida in Spain.
Get stuff out of your head and onto paper first, then just rearrange it, use some punctuation etc. With the above example you shouldn't need any punctuation other than a full stop.

That sort of caper... :idea:
Last edited by Garri on Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.