Swimming at nighttime in pools

For anything to do with the garden and pool
roxytoo

Swimming at nighttime in pools

Post by roxytoo »

Can anyone advise the legal reasons why this shouldn't be done! I have been told that its because thats when the chemicals are put in and it would be dangerous but I can't find anything on the net that says that and I need to put something like that in a contract if its true!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Our pool guy (who only does the pool maintenance during the day when people are in the pool) tells me there is no problem with putting chemicals in when people are in the pool.

Do you think the rule is there in order to try and prevent noisy midnight swims? When perhaps people could have been drinking and there is no-one around should an accident occur?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Hi Mouse
yes think you are right, I just wanted to know if it was true about the chemicals bit as I could put in something like' for health and safty reasons' but if it's not true don't want to look silly! This is for another property I rent out, the builders put a small terrace with a small low wall which backs onto the pool (which I thought was pretty silly anyway!) into this property and of course all the guests are jumping the wall and going into the pool when the gate is shut!!

Our own guests that arrived today are not happy either as there was um, poo in the pool last nght so it has to be shut for two days............

I wish I hadn't got out of bed this morning!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Our own guests that arrived today are not happy either as there was um, poo in the pool last nght so it has to be shut for two days............
EEK :shock:
wish I hadn't got out of bed this morning!!
me neither Roxy :roll: :(

I think Mouse is right as well :)
Our pool chap does this while theyre are people in the pool and has said that its not harmful
[our local Pool in Gorleston used to say that as well..but it didnt stop a few of us having midnight swims allegedly[and no our hair didnt turn green or we grew to heads or owt..mind you I did become a chatterbox so maybe that should be a warning :roll: :wink: :lol: ]
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

No legal reason, although some areas have noise regulations after a certain time. When we were in Spain when the kids were little, there was a really bad heatwave, most days in our second week were 45C, and night-time temps not much better. We and the other families in the small complex often ended up in the pool late at night cooling off the kids.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

In our Pool in Spain we can swim between
9am and 10pm which I think is fine :) ..
midnight swims could cause a lot of noise[especially if mixed with drinking] and Im not sure if the Insurance would cover any accidents :roll:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I don't mind people swimming at night in the pool, after all that is why there is a projecteur light there. But the type of guests we have here are [generally] responsible, not the 18-30 crowd who are drunk/vomiting/unconscious by 10pm at night and could potentially have accidents.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Susan :) ...
I dont think I would either if it was a lovely private one like yours but as ours is a communal one [and yes they would notice :roll: ]
we have to think of the neighbours[must admit when I was out there had a quick dip at 9-45pm and it was lovely as the nights were so warm] :)
enid

Post by enid »

I can't advise on communal pools but I can confirm that swimming at night with the pool light on and a sky full of stars is one of the delights of summer. I don't do it all the time but 2 or 3 times a year and it's lovely. One of the perks of the job!!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Would that be skinnydipping Enid? :wink:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Big Sis.. wrote:..mind you I did become a chatterbox so maybe that should be a warning :roll: :wink: :lol: ]
YOU, Ros? Normally you are such a shy retiring type. Maybe midnight skinny-dipping (ref Daisy) should be made compulsory!

Mols :) :D :lol: 8)
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

enid wrote:I can't advise on communal pools but I can confirm that swimming at night with the pool light on and a sky full of stars is one of the delights of summer. I don't do it all the time but 2 or 3 times a year and it's lovely. One of the perks of the job!!
Have to agree with you , if we have guests then we dont use the pool during the day, but in the evening when all guests are either out or tucked up in bed the wife and i make the most of the it
Nessie
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Isn't that a bit monstrous of you, Nessie? :lol:

Moliere
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Beat me to it Mols :!:
Fancy getting up in the night and seeing Nessie in the Pool :shock: [no offence Ness :wink: :lol: ]
enid

Post by enid »

Roxytoo - are you on some sort of a complex? I had never heard that there were any restrictions to swimming hours. If you are on close proximity to other joint users of the pool I can only presume it's a rule set by the managers of the complex against noise and people swimming after a noggin or two.